thirty-eight

Let's meet when the lilies bloom
and say goodbye when they wither
I didn't think I'd get over you easily but
Is it selfish of me to hope you are the same?

————————

Waking me up was when the ray of sunlight hit my face. Groaning, I tried avoiding it and rolled my way, escaping the sunlight on my bed, but as soon I felt the other side empty, I automatically opened my eyes and looked at my side. Yoongi left?

I felt the tinge of pain down there as I sat up on the bed and pulling the blanket over my naked body. All of sudden, a train of disturbing thoughts popped inside my head — body heat against my body heat, lips against lips, fingers interlocked with each other, his body on top of mine and him filling me up.

I shrugged that thought away, recalling the all the pleasure I felt last night and hurriedly got up on my bed and picked up my clothes all over the floor (which Yoongi tossed away last night) then put it on before heading downstairs.

As I carefully took each step downstairs, I started hearing his deep voice from afar. I shook my head as I thought that it could only be an illusion that kept messing with my head. That after what happened last night, I still want to see him.

The living room was empty. But the moment I reached the living room, my eyes automatically shifted to the presence outside the veranda. I could feel the corners of my lips curling up into a smile as soon as I saw him through the window. I skipped towards the door, slowly opening it when I realized he was talking to someone on his phone. The smile on my face vanished completely as I poked my head through the door. I suddenly wondered who he was talking to.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be there." Yoongi's voice was monotonous as he sighed defeatedly after. His back was facing me with the clothes he was wearing last night. "I'm hanging up." He said lazily before quickly ending the call after he said that. He ruffled his hair in frustration, turning around just enough to my face at the door. "Shit!" He cursed, flinching in surprise once he saw me.

"Sorry." I told him quickly, closing the door behind me.

"You fucking scared me!" He had his eyes, glaring at me as his hand rested on chest.

"I said I was sorry."

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes, turning his back around me and sat on the small stair in the veranda.

I slowly walked towards him and sat next to him. He was quiet for a while, looking away and not even glancing at me as I stole glances from him. I hugged both of my legs, my lap touching my chest as I looked down on the ground. I guess nobody wants to talk about what happened last night.

There were silence between us but even if there is, it wasn't your typical awkward silence where you'd wish the ground would just eat you up. It's different. It's a comforting kind of silence, I guess.

Breaking the silence, he quietly cleared his throat. "Hey," The same deep yet sweet voice echoed in my ears as I immediately looked up to him and saw him looking at me.

I sat up straight and locked my gaze on him, "Hmm?"

"I think I should go," He said quietly as if for a second, he didn't want to go. Or maybe it was just me?