thirty-four

"I still can't believe it
All of this seems like a dream
Don't try to disappear"

————————

"That'll be 6,500 won, dear." Said the ahjumma who run the tteokbokki stand. Yoongi, this pale boy with a radiant smile, handed his money to the old lady then we left the tent.

"Damn, I'm stuffed." He said, rubbing his stomach in happiness.

"And a cheapskate." I told to myself as I trailed off behind him.

He stopped his mark and immediately turned to face me, "What did you say?"

"I didn't say anything." I lied.

"Did you just call me a cheapskate?" He hissed. "I treated you good food, and yet you have the audacity to call me a cheapskate! How rude of you!" He gasped, pretending to be offended.

I took a deep breath as I clenched the hem of my shirt in frustration and closed my eyes shut for a quick split second. When I opened them, Yoongi's annoying face welcomed me. "Did you remember I spend 200,000 won yesterday, and—"

"Who told you to waste that much money for food?"

I could feel my blood boiling because of this boy's attitude. "It's your fault! I stopped you several times, but still you ordered four more servings of meat! It was supposed to be my alone-time yesterday, and you butted in and ruined my day!" I told him.

"Don't blame me as if I ate all the meat," He paused as he noticed me glaring at him. "Well, maybe most of the meat, but still you ate some too. And correction, I didn't ruin your alone-time. I just made your day yesterday! Get your facts right!" He said boastfully. I just gave up and shook my head in defeat as my head ached in pain because of Yoongi. "But don't worry, baby girl. I'll make it up to you."

"Don't call me that!"

"Don't call you what? Baby girl?" He repeated, teasing me again. I hit the back of his torso to stop him teasing me, but still he continued. "Stop hitting me. I'll just go treat you something else." Yoongi said, grabbing my wrist and dragged me forward. "Come on,"

We stopped our mark at the end of this line in front of an ice cream store. "Ice cream?" I asked in disbelief.

"Don't give me that look. This store sells the best ice cream bungeoppang."

"I never tasted one before."

"You'll really love it. I swear." He said as we both waited in line for our turn. The line moved fast, so it wasn't really annoying to wait, plus the aroma of freshly made fish-shaped cone made my mouth water in anticipation.

In a split second, I felt my pocket vibrated and fished my phone out of my pocket to see who's calling me. It could be mom. My eyes landed on the screen of my phone and felt my heart clenched to see Taehyung's name on it. He's calling me. . . He's probably all better now.

"Aren't you going to answer it?" Yoongi asked, staring at my phone.

I declined the phone call as an answer to his question and put it back inside my pocket. I looked away after as though seeing Taehyung called me wasn't much of a big deal.

"Why aren't you answering your boyfriend's call? He might get mad if he knew you're hanging out with a different guy." He said as we took steps forward the store.