Some Nice Thoughts

The election didn't go well, and it means we have hard times ahead. Which sucks so much. It means there will be danger. BUT there's still hope.

Remember:
-you are important
-you are valid
-your voice deserves to be heard
-he's not president until January
-we could impeach him
-it's only 4 years and then we can change it
-we will grow stronger communities by standing together

We have to stand together.  We need to be there for each other and support each other. Hug the people you care about. Tell them you love them because they're probably just as scared.

If you need to, turn off the screens and take a break. Go drink some water. Try to eat something. Don't hurt yourself today. There are alternatives. It's okay to cry. Sometimes we all need to cry. Take a deep breath and try to relax. Take a nap. Draw and write and play music or just relax and stare at the sky or a wall. Take a walk. Do whatever you need to, just please stay safe. Giving up isn't ever worth it. Now more than ever we have to keep fighting and stay strong. Giving up could be the same as giving in to politicians we dislike. We have to stand strong. We have to stand together and be a community. We will get through this.

Someday, we'll all be okay. Maybe not right now and maybe not for a few years, but someday. Have hope. Keep your head up.

We only live once and we have to make it worth it. Be yourself. Laugh loudly. Cry when you're sad. Tell silly jokes. Smile at strangers. Hug your friends. Listen to your music loudly. Stand for what you believe in. Be yourself. We will be stronger together and we will be okay.  Love each other and love yourselves. Love is more important than hate. Focus on our similarities. Focus on the positive diversity. Focus on the love now, not the hate. It's okay to be upset, but hatred and violence are not answers. We'll make a difference. It will be worth living. Hang in there.

I love y'all and send many hugs
Carter
<3 <3 ; ;