#metoo

TRIGGER WARNING

Really?

Why do people still think sexual harassment and sexual assault are okay?

One incident that comes to mind for me is when a couple of guys were staring creepily at me when I was standing outside alone waiting for a ride. They started talking about taking me. They walked a little closer. They just kept laughing and talking about my body and talking about raping me. I was alone with them, but luckily my ride arrived and they didn't touch me.

And then there was when a guy who obviously knew I was very uncomfortable and not attracted to him kept touching me. Every day. I had to change my plans to avoid him because he would always get too close and put his hands on my legs. Sometimes he would grab my hand or put an arm around me, but the worst was when he would place himself much too close and put hands on my upper thighs. I tried to avoid him but couldn't always walk away before he found me.

I could name other times when I've been yelled at from cars, or otherwise harassed, but those times I felt violated the most.

Why is it still a debate?

How could anyone think it's okay?

We shouldn't be taught what to do to not be assaulted and harassed my men. Men should be taught about consent and raised not to attack people.

I know too many people who have been assaulted. Too many people who have been harassed. Too many people who have been abused. Too many people who have been the victims and too many people who have been the attackers.

Sexual assault and harassment are absolutely wrong. There is nothing that can make either okay.

I hope you're all safe. Take care of yourselves. Stay strong. 

Love ya,
Carter
<3 ;

Take Me Home, Ground Controlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें