Bowie Fashion Show

Heyyyyy

I'm going to lighten things up right now.

Yesterday I had to dress up for a fashion show in school. I borrowed from David Bowie's Thin White Duke and dressed like him. I strutted out in front of a bunch of people and I posed for them. I lip-synced to Fashion. I actually smiled for once at school. I wore a wig. I wore sunglasses inside. I got a lot of stares from both strangers and people I know. It actually felt pretty great. The outfit was great on me and it really made me feel more masculine. My voice naturally dropped lower and I gained some confidence to be big and loud and actually look up when I walked. I strutted around like I owned the place and had the right to act pretentious towards to people who always put me down. I actually talked to other people and I wore the wig and outfit all day. I felt great exploring myself yesterday. I took the stares from everyone all day and I rocked out to my own beat. I figure I'll only live once and that could be my only chance to stand up in front of people at school and act like I'm a rockstar. I really pulled off that rockstar look, even though I wasn't David Bowie. Because I don't need to pretend I'm someone else to be cool. I can be myself. I can express myself any way I want. When people stared I looked them right in the eyes and smiled. Nobody can take away my day of boldness, and nobody can stop me from doing it again. Next time I walk into school I might wear a really big wig or I might show up in a suit. Maybe I'll wear a dress. Maybe I'll intentionally mismatch all of my clothes. Maybe I'll throw away the ideas everyone has about me and I'll turn things around. I'll be unpredictable and wild. I can do this.

We can all become anything we want to be. I believe in that.

Love ya,
Carter
He/him
<3 ;