Prologue:

I have always felt like life is a game and until you play it right you are going to go nowhere, I mean I look everyday at these stupid billboards in the school for jobs, bands to play in and events to play at but nobody wants a girl in their band.

I sighed and stepped out of the music room going to the hallway I pull up my Hood and move with the crowd towards the principals office.

No I didn't do anything wrong but, the principal is my almost new step dad. Yes my father is still alive but he is a driver and by driver I mean he drives a eighteen Wheeler. I sometimes get to go with him but rarely.

But I still know he loves me.

My mom met Keith at a student/teacher thing. Principal Adams is always nice to me so I don't have a problem with him and my mom getting hitched.

But, I still get bullied.

I Trey to squeeze by the most popular girl in school but she grabs my wrist and pushes me into a lock I yell but everybody walks on by.

"Hey, if it isn't the little Shadow" she said making her friends giggle, I gulped "Well, little shadow, do you have my homework finished?"

"Yes."

She nodded and dropped my wrist and flipped her hair "Hand it over" she said, I reached into my bag and pulled out the math homework, as I hand it to her she makes my bag fall from my hand and everything falls into the floor.

Ring, ring, ring! Damn.

She giggles "Your going to be late, buh-bye" she sings as I get down on my knees and start picking up papers. Someone helps.

I look to see a man in his forties and he smikles at me "Your L.K, right?"

I nod and he holds his hand out "I'm Cole. A friend of Keith's."

"Oh, hi."

I stand up and he handed me the papers "You better get going, I am really interested in your creative writing class and your teacher said you had a short story you wanted to read to everyone?" I nodded and we talked to my creative writing class.

And that is how I met my new and older best friend called Cole Dayton.