Twenty-Four: Hit by Cupid

I finally changed from the dress -not caring what my mom said- I sat with Tom and all of them as my mom and Keith cut the cake.

After they said I do, well and Chris falling from his seat, mom and Keith walked to the fountain and had wedding pictures taken. She screamed and me, my cousins and uncles laughed as a rat snake came up from the fountain and on her.

Lets just say Uncle Greg got it off of her before she could kill it.

Robert looked at me "Your family is interesting" he said, I raised a eyebrow.

"You have been here for two days and that's all you can say? I was waiting for a you family is a bunch of nuts" I said, Scarlet laughed.

"Where is your father?" Rookie asked, I looked at my hands and back up with a sigh "I honestly don't know."

I felt a hand grab mine and Tom smiled at me as he squeezed my hand, I sighed and grabbed the glass of wine from the table.

~Tom~

"Tom, I can't dance" Lizi complained and I smiled as I took her hands in mine "I'll lead, just follow" I said as a Beatles song played.

I laughed as she said "It's so weird. "

"What is?"

She looked up at me "The fact I am in Alabama, at my moms wedding to her second husband, dancing with my little cousins crush" she admitted as I twirled her and I said "Well, your my only crush, Lizi."

" Here comes the sun (doo doo doo doo), Here comes the sun, and I say It's all right
Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter, Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here, Here comes the sun, Here comes the sun, and I say It's all right-"

She looked up at me as I took both of her hands again "Lizi?"

I nodded as I smiled "Everyone calls you Beth or L.K I wanted to be different.. Why? You don't like it?" I asked, she shrugged and smiled.

"I do. But only if you can me it.. In private."

"As you wish."

"-Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces, Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun Here comes the sun, and I say It's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes, Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes Sun, sun, sun, here it comes-"

"Princess Bride."

I smiled down at her "Good book. And movie" I said, she smiled up at me as she said "What's your middle name?"

"William. Thomas William."

"How about I call you Tommy?" She said, I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her "Works for me Lizi."

"-Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun Here comes the sun, and I say It's all right-"

"Let's run to Tennessee away from all of these people, what do you say?" She said, I laughed and looked down at her.

"We still have to plan our wedding."

She nodded and pretended to think.

"-Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right
It's all right."

As our song ended someone tapped on my shoulder "May I have this dance?" I turned around and Lizi smiled "Daddy!"

I smiled at him "Of course, Mr. Duval."

As Lizi hugged her dad I went and sat by Robert Chris and Chris as we watched everyone dance Chris Evans was given a beer from Lizi's cousin Pleakley "Drink up fellas" he chuckled and passed them around, I looked at Robert who looked at me.

"How old are you again?"

Pleakley smiled "Drivers license says sixteen, fake ID says twenty one" he said with a laugh and walked on, Chris Hemsworth smiled.

"Her family.. Gets better by the second" he said, I smiled as I started to take the top off I heard Lizi scream "Daddy?!"

I three the drink to the ground and stood up trying to see what was wrong, the music stopped and Lizi was on her knees near a unloving body.

Before anyone else could react I ran towards her.