Eight: "I Did Pick The Right Hotel. "

I groan as I lay in the floor beside the couch with my head covered by a pillow I can hear Rookie singing a Beatles song and I cover my head even more.

I let her have the hotel bed and I slept on the couch, pretty perfect way to start off a day would be with rolling off during the night and my head going into the small trash can, then waking up to her singing and a possibly broke back.

I groaned as I stood up and stretched piping my back the door opened I was in the middle of yawning when Cole came into I the hotel room and laughed "Rough sleep?"

"Bite me" is my only reply as a maid or whatever came into the room pushing a cart of food, I was confused "What happened to McDonalds and coming over here?"

"He.. Said.. Important!" Is the only words I hear and Scarlett is running into the room, she glared at Cole "Why couldn't you of had her on at least the second floor and not the fifth?" She said I gave a confused look and she sighed "He decided to take the stairs."

"Ahh" I said and looked at Cole "Why are you here?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Rookie yawned coming from my room wearing red pajamas and bunny slippers, she crossed her arms.

"Happy Birthday kiddo."

Okay. I'm a year younger and ya call me...

Wait birthday?

I stayed in shock "I'm eighteen?" I mumbled and Cole hugged me giving me a box and kissing my cheek "Yep. Well, not until midnight."

Rookie almost knocked me down in a hug "We will have a Scooby Doo Marathon eating chocolate, popcorn and I will order pizza.. You have drinks right?" She started banking and Scarlett put her hands on her hips.

"Well, before you do all of that. Me and the guys want to take you out to eat" she said and smiled, Rookie jumped as she rugged on my arm.

"Ow! Hey your hurting the short munchkin!" I yelled, she apologized and let go I looked at Scarlett "I-uh can't.. I have a thin with a thing and uh.. "

"You will" someone said as they came into view holding onto someone else, I raised my eyebrows.

Tom and Chris H. were hanging onto each other for support they looked at Cole "Mind telling us why we have to walk up the stairs?"

"The elevator was out" Cole shrugged and I somehow knew he was probably lying.

Chris looked at him suspiciously before smiling at me and giving me a hug "Cole said it was your birthday today. Happy birthday Lizibeth!"

I gasped "Cant...Breathe Chris" I eventually got out and Scarlett pried him away from me so I could breathe.

Tom gave me a hug and, to be honest, he smelled a bit better than Chris no offense to the guy who could possibly kick my ass but it's the truth. I smiled "Well, uh thanks" I stumbled over the words but Rookie handed me a plate with Bacon, pancakes and eggs.

"Uh, Rookie.. I'm allergic to-"

"Shit! Eggs, sorry take mine!" She shouted and gave me her plate, I laughed as she handed me orange juice and I sat at the bar.

"Your allergic to eggs?" Chris asked, I nodded and gave a look to Cole who was smiling.

"You planin' on killin' me or somethin'?" I asked in my southern tone, he laughed and shook his head at me.

"Nope."

As he said this Robert, Jeremy and Vin came into the room with drinks "Why are you not sweating?" Scarlett asked.

Robert shrugged "Um, you don't sweat riding ina elevator?" He said sounding confused.

Tom, Chris and Scarlett turned and glared at Cole, he was smiling "I'm going to the bathroom" he said and shot in there as they yelled and beat on the bathroom door I heard.

"Don't come in.. I'm not decent!" I smiled and shook my head as I watched the scene unfold and my phone rang, I picked it up and smiled big as I answered "Daddy!" I screamed and they quit beating down the bathroom door.

He chuckled "Morning Beth, what hotel are you in?"

"Days Inn.. I think why?"

I heard "So, I did pick the right hotel" but it wasn't from the phone, I turned and looked at the doorway into I the hotel.

A ma wearing jeans, pull on boots, a camouflage jacket and a Auburn Football shirt with a Bass Pro Shop hat stood there smiling.

I dropped my phone to the floor and ran at him I jumped in his arms and he picked me up, I laughed as I hugged him never wanting to let go.

"You said you would be here next week!" I yelled and hit his arm.

He smiled "Okay, I lied. I wanted to surprise you on your birthday" he said, I bit my lip as I held back tears and hugged him tightly, he hugged me back.

"How long can you stay?"

"For awhile" is all he told me, and that's what it took to make me smile.