One: Trying to Be The White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland Will Get You Nowhere

I woke up to my alarm clock blinking 12:00 and my eyes widened "Damnit!" I screamed and started tugging at my pajamas to get them off so I could get dressed. I quickly thrwew on a top my mom bought me so I would look halfway decent -her words not mine- some jeans and boots before grabbing my backpack and my Jean jacket I quickly put my Georgia football cap on my head.

As I ran outside to my black Ford F150 and crunk it up I fixed my hair behind my ears and put on my seat belt.

I looked at the clock on my radio and it read 1:05 pm I am so dead because when I get to the restaurant the people of Marvel booked I will take a extra fifteen minutes to decide if I want to go in or not.

I drive down the four lane road and to the small but big restaurant I listen to Motley Crue as I do and as soon as I pull up I see people inside through the glass doors and they are probably wondering why a truck that looks like something a redneck would drive just pulled up .

Okay, so I am kind of a redneck girl but not as much as my parents. Where we live in Alabama Cole Dayton -a friend of my principals -who is also my almost step dad- knew Cole who works for Marvel Comics- paid for me a hotel room in California and told my parents he would look after me.

But, anyways my truck has a eight inch lift, black, rebel flag on the back window and I drove three freaking days to get here good thing it's during the summer and no school, right?

I shakingly get out of the truck and grab my backpack, I turned around to see Cole smiling at me as he stood in the doorway of the restaurant "I thought you we're going to stand us up!" He called after me.
I smiled "No chance in.. Heck" I said careful of my words.

"Why are you late?"

I smiled "Alarm clock didn't go off like I expected it to. I was supposed to not been up by six a.m" I said as I walked in.

"Early bird.. See I am not the only one!" Someone shouted and I turned then quickly stopped in my tracks.

Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and even Vin Diesel stood there or uh, sitting down in this case.

I smiled and tugged on Cole's arm "Vin Diesel?" I whispered.

"A friend of mine."

I sighed "Of course he is."

I gulped "Hi" I said and tried to hide behind Cole who apparently couldn't take a hint of it and went to get him some coffee, I just smiled and stood there as awkward as I could make it knowing me.

The door to the bathroom opened and out came a guy who looked a lot my uncle Greg.. He even had a mullet.

He stopped and turned to me his green eyes looking me up and down, he turned to Cole "This is your friends student?"

Cole nodded "Yeah, this is.. L.K Duval" he said and smiled at me. I smiled back trying not to laugh because he always just calls me L.K when I see him at school.

"What does L.K stand for?" The man asked.

I gulped and tightened my hands on my backpack "Lizibeth Kandra, sir" I spoke with confidence and he nodded apparently liking that.

"I'm Xavier Davis. When the main ones can't make it they send me" he said.

I heard someone laugh and I saw it was Robert Downey Jr cackling "Then they can't make it when I need to talk to them" he said.

"They probably don't want to see your face" Chris Hemsworth said making everyone, even me, laugh. I giggled and Cole smiled as he nodded at me.

"L.K has a excellent idea for a Marvel character" he said.