Twenty-Seven: Angel

After the funeral I came home and crashed in my room feeling nothing, people kept checking on me but I would yell 'I'm fine' and they walked away, I just don't know how I feel honestly.. I feel numb like nothing can bother me.

I looked at me dads Glock that sat on my side table, his Bible, and his Hank Williams CD while I held his cross in my hand Garth Brooks played on my radio. I had my door locked and something smacked at my window.

I got up and went to the window I opened it up and something smacked my head, I put a hand to my forehead "Son of a bitch! Was that your phone?!"

He laughed and held a rock "I now need a new one.. If I quoted Romeo and Juliet, what would you tell me?" he asked.

I smirked "Nothing. But, if you throwed a rock at my window I would not hesitate to kick your ass" I called down at him.

Tom smiled up at me "Your door is locked so I took this as the perfect opportunity to throw rocks at your window."

I rolled my eyes "I'll unlock the door just don't try climbing the tree there is a reason why my grandpa planted rose bushes under my window" I said, he laughed and I shut the window.

A few seconds later I unlocked the door and he came in, I shut it and locked it as he went to my radio and changed CD's I watched him "What do you want?"

"Well.. Your cousin Lorelei wanted me to sleepo in her room.. I kindly declined and your cousin was going to put me on the couch so I decided to throw things at your window."

"Well, sleeping on the futon is hurting my neck" I said, he smiled and turned to me "I promise to keep to my side of the bed."

I pretended to think and said "Deal."

---

I woke up to a emopty spot beside me and smiled as I stood up and got dressed, jeans and a shirt then my cowgirl boots.

I walked off the front porch and stopped when I saw my cousins "What kind of bootleg operation you got goin' on here?" I asked.

They had.. Fireworks and beer along with a lighter, Pleakley laughed "Watch and learn" he said and pointed a bottle rocket at Jake, God help me.. How did I leave with these idiots for years?  I thought as Jake screamed and I rolled my eyes as I watched Robert, Jeremy and both Chris' decide to join.

Arms came around me and I leaned back into him "Ahh, so you know it's me?"

"None of my cousins are six foot something."

Tom chuckled and smiled down at me as I wrapped a arm around him Jeremy yelled as he dodged a bottle rocket, I sighed "They fit in well with those idiots" I said.

"Your cousins or our fellow actors?" He asked, I shrugged and laughed.

I heard running and "Bunny! Bunny!" I turned and picked up Miranda and held her close, she looked up at Tom "Uncle Loki."

I raised a eyebrow and he smiled "She woke me up wanting to play with you but, I decided to let you sleep and she wanted to nickname me so she was told of my movies and said Uncle Loki" he said and looked kind of shy saying it.

I giggled "Why Uncle Loki?" I asked Mirdy, she giggled.

"Because you aunt Bunny...  And that makes him uncle Loki!" She said with a giggle and hugged me, I shook my head and looked up at Tom.

He was smiling down at me.