Thirteen: Cowgirl Dont Cry

I walked up to the eighteen Wheeler and beat on the truck for, I yelped when my dad came out swinging a Glock.

"Dad! It's me!"

"Shit, don't do that kiddo" he said i laughed as I got up in the truck and closed the door behind me "Hey, why the Emergency?" I said and sat in the passenger.

He frowned "I-Lizibeth how would you like to travel with me?" He asked, I frowned.

"Dad.. I can't I'm in a movie remember?" I said with a laugh, he just looked at me.

"What if it was your last time to see me?"

I frowned "Dad-what do you mean?" I said, he sighed as he looked at me and closed his eyes.

"L.K I don't know how to tell you.. I'm scared myself. But, I need to tell you" he started, I frowned as I watched him struggle "Lizibeth. I'm dying. I have had cancer for four years, me and your mom didn't want to tell you, I have two months left."

It's like everything around me stopped and nothing else matters "Y-your joking.. Right dad?" I asked, he didn't say anything.

"Daddy?" My voice cracked.

He didn't say anything "Were you just going to leave and not tell me?" I asked.

He slowly nodded and I blinked "Four years" I mumbled "You both kept this from me?! I would expect this from mom but not you!" I shouted.

I hopped down from the big rig and walked off "L.K!"

",No!. You lied. You said you were.. Your we're okay! You were cancer free.. What the hell!" I shouted and walked off towards the road forgetting about my truck I kept walking away from him and away fro hotels.

Away from scripts and everything.

--

I sat down in the sand and watched the waves as I cried the sun was setting and my phone had lots of mis calls, I checked the text messages though.

I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. When you want to talk call, me I love you Bethie. Dad.

L.K I'm worried pick up please!  Rookie.

Lizibeth if you do not pick up I'm calling Cole. Rookie.

I'm calling Cole. Rookie.

Beth? Rookie says your not picking up, are you okay? Call me. Cole.

Pick up please. Cole.

Hey, you okay?  Scarlett.

Hey I'm playing your Poison CD and wearing your Johnny Cash shirt! You want them come get them Jeremy.

We are worried. Call. Robert.

I frown and toss it beside me as I look at the waves my phone rings and I look down at it:

Are you okay? Did your dad say something bad? Do you need a shouokder to cry on? Come on Lizibeth please answer me. We are all worried. Cal me, text me something. Please.

I looked down at the text from Tom as a rain drop gals onto the phone and take a breath before replying Waves in the sunset are beautiful. Did you know that?

I toss the phone and cry into my hands as it rains and I thought of my dad dying and about them both lying to me, I don't know what to do. Why him? Why the only blood relative person who actually loves and likes me.

Eventually I hear a car door behind me.

"Lizibeth? Are you alright?" I shake my head no and suddenly I am picked up in arms. I cry into his shoulder as he plces me in the passenger side of his car "No. I'll ruin your seats" I choked out.

Tom chuckled as he got into the other side and closed his door "Rain never hurts anything. Here" he gave me his coat and draped it over me. I sniffed "I'm sorry."

He looked at me and frowned "What happened."

I looked out the window with my eyes drooping I mumbled "My dads dying" before I could hear a reply I was asleep.