Twenty-Five: Aftermath

All I knew was me and my dad we're dancing and laughing then he collapses right on the spot. I remember jumping into the back of the ambulance with him, now I sit in the waiting room with Pleakley, Jake, Colt and Greg.

The automatic doors to the waiting room open and Tom, Jeremy, Rookie, Robert and Mark come in, Tom sits next to me and Rookie sits on my other side.

"Any news?" Mark asked nicely, I shake my head and Pleakley speaks up;

"He's in ICU at the moment."

I take a shaky breath "Why today? Why? He had another month" my voice was scratchy from all the crying. Rookie hugged me "Cancer sucks. Come on L.K smile."

I frown and Tom wraps a arm around me "Lizi-"

"I need.. A drink" I whispered and stood up before I could even make it to the door a nurse came out and smiled.

"Your father is awake Miss Duval."

--

I sit on the bed next to him as he smiles "Hey Bethie."

"Daddy" I croak and hug him as I hear the door open and close. My dad chuckles "Your late."

"I had a late plane."

I wipe my eyes and stand up with a smile "Hey, Rodrick" I whisper and he hugs me tightly.

Rodrick is my.. Older brother. He was adopted before my parents had me and he is now a police officer in New York.. Yeah my family is full if people with great jobs.

Then there is me.

He ruffled my hair "You've grown."

"Whatever."

We both sit on each side of dad and he smiles at us "Your both grown.. Now I won't feel bad for leaving" he joked, I just stared at him.

"Don't say that dad" Rodrick said, I sniffed and Rod smiled at me.

Daddy sighed "I love you both. Tell your mother I never stopped lovin' 'er.. Even if she had stopped lovin' me" he aid and smiled.

I grabbed his hand "Daddy.. What about those late night calls when you get to a new city?" I asked as a tear slipped down my face

He wiped away and brought my and up so he could kiss it "I'll be in a better City.. A big one" he said and smiled me and Rodrick just looked at each other..

~Cole~

I sat in a chair as Jake and Pleakley played with Miranda, Colt was looking out the window and Tom and Robert sat next to me. Rookie was playing cards with Chris, Chris and Jeremy.

I looked at Tom "How was she before she went back?"

"Heartbroken" he said sounding worried, I frowned and the doors opened. As soon as Lizibeth stepped out and saw us.. She broke into tears and Rodrick got her in a hug, I smiled at the siblings.

"Shh, Little sis.. It's okay" he told her.

She pushed him away "He's gone! How is it okay Rod?! My dad is.. He is.. I don't even want to say it!" She shouted and walked outside, I got up and followed her.

"Lizibeth.. Lizibeth Duval stop right there!" I yhelled, she turned around in her tracks and faced me as it rained, she was still crying.

"Just.. Leave me be" she whispered as I sighed and walked towards her.

She just sniffed "I want to be alone" she whispered, I frowned but I grabbed something from my pocket and threw it at her, she skilled sadly and ran to the car.

I walked back inside and ran a hand through many gray hair "She took my keys" I lied making them frown.