Twenty-Six: Arrow To The Heart

I stood in the stand of mine and my dads and sighed as I kicked my feet up on the seat and sniffed "I can't bury you" I whispered to the wind.

"Daddy.. Daddy?" I whispered and the nurse looked at me with sadness making me Burt into tears and Rodrick hold me to his chest, I cried even more.

I bit my lip "What if I can get them to get someone to play Shadow?" I said out loud to myself and grabbed the water from between my feet I took a sip and frowned.

"I think.. Tom would be sad if they recasted Shadow" someone spoke from below, I looked down to see Robert standing there, I lifted up the rail and looked at him from up in the tree.

"You do realize there are cougars, beasrs and poisonous snakes out here right?"

He chuckled "Sounds like Hollywood" he said as he climbed up to me and sat beside me we looked out at the view. He sighed and smiled "You know there is a moment between Tony and Shadow like this right?"

I laughed "Yeah, he don't see how Shadow can be Reindeer Games' little assistant" I said, he chuckled.

"Yeah, and then Shadow saves his life. Tony still owes her by the end of the movie" he said, I nodded and crossed my arms.

"What are you getting at Robert?"

He sighed and looked at me "Don't quit. Your dad was all for you living your dreams so, this is your chance. The last hing he told you in front of me was for you to basically shut up and do it. So, do it for him" he told me.

I smiled "You know.. Your like Tony Stark in a way.. You make sense sometimes and sometimes you get on people's nerves" I said, looking at him. He was grinning big.

"Well, maybe I never lose character. "

I laughed at that.

--

I sat with my mom in the kitchen before the funeral and she looked at me "I still loved him, Lizibeth, you know tis right?"

"If yoiu loved him you wouldn't of left him. Don't get me wrong Keith is rad, but you can't blove two people" I said and set down my sweet tea, she frowned.

"I'm still your mother."

I just looked at her "In my book your not. You're feeling sad for me that's the only reason your being nice towards me, tel me one time you actually did anything with me momma!" I shouted, she stayed silent and I sighed..

"That's what I thought. Sorry my fathers death ruined your wedding day" I snapped and got up dumping my cup in the sink I walked to the door and to the front porch where everyone was, I leaned on the rail as a Cadillac pulled up.

A man in a business suit stepped out and wwqlked to the steps "Lizibeth K. Duval?"

"Me" I said and stared at him he looked at me before nodding "Okay. I'm Jefthro Bullard your father's lawyer, how long will you be in town?"

"Two more days, Mister, after they bury my dad tomorrow I'm heading back to L.A" I said as I walked down te steps, he followed me to the pond.

"Well, I have his will. The only thing your farther had was his big rig and everyting in it" he told me as I looked over the pond I took a breath.

"And a ring, he said when he died he wanted you to have it. It was your grandmother Duval's" he told me and got it from his pocket, I took the little silver ring that had two angel wings on it "He said it was her wedding band."

"Thanks. I'll clean out his biug rig before I leave, make sure you tell Mr Tucker" I said, he nodded and hugged me.

"I'm sorry Beth."

I sighed "They could of told me sooner is all I will say, Mr B" I said.

He chuckled "They thought you wouldn't take it well.. But, you are the little girl who let out my horses as a joke she you we're fifteen."

I smiled as we walked around the side of the house I held a finger to my lips "Shh, it's a secret."

I was happy on the outside when inside I felt like a arrow had strikes my heart.

{I hope this book is good, comment what you think! -A}