Chapter 12: They've Arrived

Quickly I glided down to the entrance of the school. Apparently the other creatures would be arriving by now. I had to hurry so I could see them all and welcome them to the school. But at the same time I didn't want to run.
I. Hate. Running.
"Queen Gwendolyn." Someone spoke.
Hearing that just made me churn. I was not used to hearing someone call me Queen. Me Queen. Me. Gwendolyn. The servant.
I looked up to find Headmaster Walter heading down the opposite stairs. We met each other once we were on the ground floor. "Headmaster Walter. How I've missed you! How was your Summer season?" I asked him.
He nodded. "Well and yours my queen?"
"Wonderful. I found true love." I smiled.
A smile grew on his face. "You finally admitted to loving Lord Tristan?"
I furrowed my brows. "Lord Tristan?"
He stood shocked for a moment. "You did not find true love with Lord Tristan?"
I shook my head. "No Headmaster. Tristan is a friend. He is one of my closest friends."
Headmaster Walter's eyes widened for a moment then he smiled. "That is wonderful."
"Why would you assume he is the one I fell in love with?" I asked.
He chuckled. "No reason. Now, should we welcome the new students?"
I looked at him for a moment, looking into his wise eyes. Eyes that have seen so much in his life and filled with so much kindness to every single one of his students. There was nothing else there for me so I agreed. "Yes, we should."
He nodded and gestured towards the entrance which we slowly made our way to.
"So whom is this man that you have fallen in love with? Did it happen to be Conri or Robin? Your werewolf mates?" He asked.
I shook my head. "No Headmastsr but there is interesting news on that case."
His eyebrows rose as we arrived at the main entrance of the Academy.
The Nobles were already at the entrance but they no longer the Elite Circle of Royals. They were not needed at the entrance.
"I shall tell you momentarily Headmaster." I smiled at him. "Or you may see it for yourself." I added on.
"Curiouser and curiouser." He spoke softly.
I nodded to Tristan and Chamania. "We will stand on the left whilst Headmaster and the professors will stand on the right." I spoke loudly enough for allot of the students to hear us.
"And us?" Henry asked. The traditionalist. Right. He would've been accustomed to being the centre of attention.
"Gwendolyn's asked for the Queen's Council to be on one side and the Headmaster and professors to be on the other." Chamania spoke softly. "Apologies."
Henry narrowed his eyes at her. "Very well." He spun around and stormed off.
Whilst the others simply shuffled not really caring about the situation. I took in a deep breath happily. Chamania stood on the step lower to me and Tristan, the one below hers. He stood there quietly and no emotion on his face. Hopefully he wouldn't hear me.
I bent down close to Chamania's ear. "Headmaster thought I had fallen in love with Tristan."
She gasped and spun around to meet me. "Are you speaking the truth?"
I nodded.
"Absolutely?" She asked.
I nodded this time furrowing my brows. "Yes, I am certain."
"Gwendolyn, Headmaster is knowledgable and he watches before he speaks. Perhaps he knows." She smiled mischievously.
"Knows what?" I asked.
She was staring at Headmaster Walter now, just eyeing him as if she were trying to figure something out. "Do you suppose he is a seer? Such as yourself?"
I furrowed my brows and slowly turned to look at Headmaster Walter. "Him a seer? Then should he not be the True Heir?"
"No. He does not have to be the True Heir. Perhaps either his mother or father, whichever was a Pangaean was not of the Royal family. Unlike yours apparently." She smiled at me and eyed the Headmaster out of the corner of her eyes. "That is interesting. Perhaps he is like you without elements though."
I rolled my eyes. "You have far too much of a creative mind Chamania."
"Someone must think outside the box." She raised her brow and grinned happily. "What do you suppose?" She glanced over to Headmaster Walter who was speaking to one of the professors. "A seer slash a Pangaean?"
I mumbled. "But he could be a full seer? With the Pangaeans having no elements, it's so much easier to blend into villages. They would not have to prove to anyone that they are Pangaean."
Her eyebrows rose. "That, my friend is completely true. Mayhap he be a full seer. But I have never once witnessed his veins light up or his eyes turn white."
"Yes but we have not eyes on his at every moment. Mayhap of happen whilst we are not looking, whilst he is in the privacy of his own home. Mayhap, he has full control over it. He is quite old." I whispered softly.
Chamania turned around and furrowed her brows. "Gwen, he is not that old. No one is immortal my friend. How old do you suppose he is?"
I looked over to Headmaster Walter and shrugged my shoulders. "Must be in his nineties."
She laughed at me. "Too bad we will never know the truth. He would never tell us of his age."
I grinned. "Too right. And you, how old do you suppose our dear Headmaster is?"
She shrugged her shoulders but her eyes were on Headmaster Walter. "I truly wish to say he is five hundred but we all  know immortality does not exist. So I would say a hundred."
I bursted out into laughter causing the attention of our peers. Everyone stared at Chamania and I.
"They've arrived." Tristan spoke softly.
Instantly my mood was brought down. The thought of holding the responsibilities of Queen once again rested on my shoulders.
"Are you ready?" Chamania asked.
I took a deep breath. "As much I possibly can in this situation.0
Chamania turned her head and so did Tristan, they both looked at me confused. "What situation?" She asked.
I nodded my head to the Wolves. "This situation."