Chapter 16: Brave Move Queen

The first day of classes.
Wonderful.
Even as the Queen I'm to attend classes.
"Come my fourth year Queen!" Chamania chuckled as we walked down to the Queen's Council common area. "As a fourth year you are now officially more than halfway through the Academy. Halfway to graduating."
I grinned. "Yes, I know. I'll miss wearing these pants when I'm to finally reign as Queen."
She grinned. "Well you know. As Queen you may wear whatever you wish."
Downstairs Tristan was already eating. He smiled at us both and looked me over probably to give approval. I rolled my eyes and sat at the table with him.
"The best thing about having vampires here again is we do not have to wake up so early for classes. ''Tis nearly lunch and we have not done our first class of yet." Chamania grinned.
I nodded. "Hundred percent agree."
"Speaking of vampires, how do you suppose the new council member is doing?" Tristan asked.
I looked upstairs to the doors to our rooms. Tristan had offered the room next to his, which he kindly accepted.
"Hopefully he is sleeping well." Chamania smiled happily and stared at Tristan with a raised brow.
He sighed. "Very well. We are pleased you asked him to join Gwen."
I chuckled. "You are not happy about it and that is fine Lord Stupid. But I hope you warm up to it." I gave him a small smile.
He rolled his eyes but there was a smile on his lips. "Very well. I shall try to warm up to it. For you."
"How's William Gwen?" Chamania asked.
From my side I saw Tristan go frozen at the very sound of his name. He didn't like the idea of William very much, I'm gathering.
"It's only been a day Chamania." I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Not too long."
She giggled like a young girl in love. "The two of you are just so sweet, it gives me a toothache."
I laughed. "Anyways, what shall we do till classes begin?"
"I was thinking we work on our elements since we've barely had time to." Tristan nodded.
I squealed happily. "Oh my gosh! I can't believe I forgot to show you the most amazing part of the Queen's Council Chambers!"
Immediately I got up and had them follow me to the library which had a fireplace. They furrowed their brows but I smiled wickedly as I pulled the candle and released it. The fireplace moved slightly and revealed a staircase.
"Follow me." I smiled.
We climbed the stairs and ended to the rooftop of the Academy where Headmaster Walter had it redone. There was a large open space for us to practice our elements. It was open and had water for me. Plants and trees for earth. Wood for fire and anything that could burn. And air, well, that was all around us.
"This is amazing Gwen!" Chamania cheered, running around the area for us. "So we can use elements any time it pleases us."
I nodded happily. "The Headmaster had one of the Witches who haven't joined the Revolution to cast a spell around it. When we're up here no one can see us but we can see them."
"Incredible." Tristan let out a breath in astonishment. "You and Headmaster Walter have truly outdone yourself Gwen."
Chamania grinned. "So you've told Headmaster Walter about our elements?"
I nodded. "It was time and I know he can keep our secret. We needed assistance and now, as Queen I realised sometimes we need help from our allies."
Tristan turned to face me. "And how do you know you trust Headmaster Walter?"
"Someone has to put faith in someone first and I decided, that would be me." I gave off a shaky smile.
Chamania walked over and wrapped her arm around me. "A brave move Queen."
"So we have one more person in our inner circle." Trista n nodded.
There was a moment of silence as we knew what it would mean. Another person we reached out to and another person possibly in danger when the Revolution would come. I knew all this as I wrote the words to Headmaster Walter. Every word killed me but to prepare ourselves for the incoming Revolution we needed to practice without the world knowing.
"Everyone knows I have an element. But no one knows you guys have elements and I'd prefer to keep it that way. You will be the secret weapons for now." I smiled happily.
They nodded, slowly. Tristan's eyes were wide, there was something he wanted to say but held back. I wanted to ask him but I knew he wouldn't answer. He wouldn't say it in front of Chamania.
"Shall we practice?" She asked.
I nodded and shook off the past conversation, taking deep breaths. "Shall I show you all how the professionals do it?"
"Oooohh." Tristan laughed. "Please commence your grace."
I grinned wickedly and stood my stance facing the barrels of water that were set out for me. Taking a deep breath I raised my arms and brought water out from the barrels of waters opening up the top. It all stayed above the barrel for a moment before I moved my arms and the water moved with it. Just the way I projected in my mind and in my body's movements.
It went all around the training arena and of course skimming past Tristan and around Chamania, who squealed.
"Hey, watch it Queenie." Chamania snapped over to me.
I laughed and almost lost concentration and broke from the water before I snapped my eyes open and put more concentration into my movements than I had been before. This needed my full attention, nothing less. Slowly I poured it all the water back into the barrels simultaneously. Bit by bit all the water went back in until there was nothing left in the air. Not a single drop had spilled
"So," I turned to Chamania and Tristan grinning. "How did I go?"
"Horrible." Tristan answered and my mouth fell open. "Shall I show you all how the masters of elements do it?" He grinned wickedly."