Chapter 38: A Queen Is A Servant

I was not in my world.
I was not with my Council.
I was not with my Queen's Guard.
I was not in Tristan's arms.
Instead, I stood in the purest, simple white gown in a place full of white. It was like I was on the clouds. My long hair was out and all I was was the gown. It was beautiful and felt so soft, made of the softest silk I could ever imagine. So, where was I?
Ahead of me I saw a couple standing. Not any couple. It was Queen Nahaya and King Robin. They were coming towards me. They wore clothing completely of white. Queen Nahaya, wore a gown exactly like mine and her long hair was also out. She looked gorgeous, more than the actress who played her in the theatre. More than her paintings could ever, ever capture. Whilst King Robin was the most handsome man I had ever seen in my life. His thick, locks were out and went down to his shoulders. The strong figure was outlined in the white dress shirt and tights he wore. Neither of them wore shoes but the way they walked towards me I didn't think they'd ever want to. They looked like they enjoyed walking on the soft grounds.
"My dear." Queen Nahaya spoke softly as she walked towards me.
I took a deep breath. Her voice was so melodious and was music to my ears. I could listen to her voice always and forever. To sleep to her voice.
"Hello Gwendolyn." He smiled at me.
The both of them stood before, standing and smiling happily. I wanted to reach out and hug them without ever letting them go. All I wanted to do was stay in their arms and keep them forever. But they kept their distance and it looked like it pained them to do so. I could see them wanting to step closer to me and keep me here, rather than ever letting me go. But they stood there and smiled.
"What am I doing here? Where am I?" I whispered.
"Gwendolyn, as much as we would love to take you in our arms now." Queen Nahaya sounded like she was in pain.
King Robin placed his arm around his wife. "We cannot. If we do, you'd be here forever. But my dearest girl, Panagaya needs you. They need their Queen."
Queen Nahaya, took a deep breath. "They need you."
I furrowed my brows. "H-how? I - I grew up as a servant. How can I be a Queen?"
She gave a small smile. "My girl, a Queen is a servant."
King Robin looked to his wife with loving eyes and back to me with the same look. "Never touch your dark side again my girl."
Queen Nahaya, took hold of her husband. "We love you."
Everything went dark. Just for a moment. For a moment I felt nothing and I screamed. I screamed as I couldn't grab anything, I couldn't feel anything. Not even my body and I felt frightened, like I had never before in my life. It was the worst moment in my life. That's when I realised, I died.
I snapped my eyes open and I was back in Tristan's arms. He was still crying and it was like I didn't even die. But I could see in Tristan's eyes that he felt it. They all did. Maybe a moment did pass, or two moments. They saw me die and I felt it. I was in heaven with Queen Nahaya and King Robin.
"G-Gwen." Tristan whispered.
"I - I can't do it." I gasped.
Gardenia was already placing medicine on my hands and it started to heal. I didn't even need to touch my dark side, and I never would. Not ever. Not after I had just died. Not when they warned me not to.
"W-what if you can't use your elements properly anymore?" Chamania asked placing her hand on my arm.
But I gripped onto Tristan. "I - I don't know." I looked to Ambrogio. "W-who else knows that water elementals can use blood?"
He shrugged. "Only vampires who are old as me?"
"So only the Council?" I asked and he nodded. "As soon as I am well, I need to speak to them. No one else can know about it. No one." I warned my Council.
"Why not?" Conri asked.
"I - I  just have a gut feeling about it." I furrowed my brows.
"Controlling someone's blood." Robin whispered and everyone looked to him. "That's practically controlling a human being. Water elemental she wouldn't just be a part of Pangaea, they would try and garner control above everyone else. They would take over Pangaea."
All the horror flashed before my eyes. The water elemental taking over Pangaea and making sure they were the leaders. They controlled everything and everyone. It was as if all the people of Pangaea were brainwashed and did what the water elementals told them to do so.
"My eyes have just witnessed the horrors of our futures of this bit of information was leaked. We must not do so." I gasped out. "This is our first secret as a growing council and I need to have my trust in all my council. This will be the first test." I whispered and looked into the eyes of Tristan. "As a secret bonds friends more than anything."
He gave me a small smile. "You have always had my trust Gwen and you always will."
I gave his arm a soft squeeze with my good hand, it was a moment of reassurance for me as well. To know that was back in my own world and time and with the people I live with. Squeezing his arm and knowing full well that I was back in this world made me feel calmer. It made me feel, more alive than I had ever on my life.
The Queen's words ring in my ears over and over and over again. 'A Queen is a servant', that was so strange for me to think because a Queen was well...a Queen. She was above everyone and equal to the King. A Queen is someone who commanded everyone else what to do and was not commanded herself.
"What are we to do now then?" Chamania asked, breaking the silence.
"I need to speak to the vampire Council tomorrow night, when I am healed. All of you need to speak with your chosen council about the demons, bar Aeslin and the witch council. But try and figure it out please Aeslin." He nodded.
Slowly I sat up but held onto Tristan to steady myself. It was a difficult task as his heat must've gone through my entire body and not just my hand. I felt weak and dizzy. My hand thankfully was still in Tristan's and he steadied me more than the strongest of mountains could have.
"We'll be fine. We just need to watch what we say when we are around others." I spoke softly as I stood on my feet and my council stood in a circle. "This will be our first trial as a council." I whispered but loud enough for everyone to here. "My council, I am entrusting you with a secret that may break the kingdom."
They eyed each other warily.
"And we do not need it. We are on the brink of a revolution."