Chapter 37: I Need Him

"Gwen?" Tristan asked.
I looked up from the small corner I was in. It was hidden away from everyone and no one ever walked passed it. How he found me I will never know. But he did and he was standing in front of me. When I looked around me I noticed that Burnhan was puffing, he must've gotten Tristan and I was forever thankful for that.
"What's the matter?" He bent down opposite me since there was no room around me.
All I did was shake my head and cry out again. I burst into tears and he pulled me on to his lap and cried in his arms. He held my tightly and wouldn't let me go. So all I did was cry and cry and cry.
Cry for my life. For my broken heart. For William. For anyone who was ever hurt by me.
"He broke it off." I cried out.
"Oh Gwen!" He cooed and kissed the top of my head, in my hair. "Everything will be okay Gwen."
Would it be okay? The love of my life just broke it off with me. The man I thought I would marry. William Montreal who I had unofficially proclaimed as King in the publics eye, the broke it off with me.

I closed the book and stared at the sunset before, behind the forests surrounding the Academy. Behind me was not the Council Chambers, it was the school's library and everyone had left me out here to be on my own. My Queen's Guard stood in position and they looked worried for me. They had been for days since William broke it off with me. I hadn't been myself.
The only person who could even get something out of me was Tristan. He held me at my time of need and he was the only I felt comfortable around. Not even my cousin could get something out of me that was remotely a single worded answer. But he didn't see me cry and I needed to be strong for him and for everyone else.
"Gwendolyn?" Someone asked.
I looked up and noticed Sultan standing at the doors, looking at me.
He stepped forward and sat on the opposite seat from me. "How are you?"
All I did was stare at him. His necklace was the reason William broke it off with me and I couldn't see myself ever being with him. Since my vision I knew he would be a part of my council but I just didn't understand how. I couldn't even stand him and having him on my council was a totally different thing. How could I trust him? How did he have the Kingdoms best interest at heart?
"I'm so sorry about what's happened." He spoke softly. "This is all my fault, I know. It's my fault that William broke it off with you."
He sounded like he was in pain but there was nothing I could do or say. I didn't trust him and I certainly didn't trust myself around him. Slowly I piled my books up and stood up, ready to leave. It was time this conversation was over.
"Wait. Aren't you going to say anything?" He asked.
I continued walking away from him.
"Anything?!" He shouted out.
On my way out, the door opened and stepped out Tristan. He looked around until his eyes landed on me, looking allot more relieved. "Are you alright?"
I nodded.
"What are you doing out here?" Tristan growled.
When I looked up he was staring at Sultan, and he wasn't Tristan anymore. He was the Dark Lord and he looked more furious than I had ever seen in my life. The anger in his eyes scared me, more than the King ever did when he was possessed. At this moment I was frightened of Tristan, so much so I had to take a step back away from him.
"I needed to speak with Gwendolyn. To apologise for what happened." He whispered.
Tristan snapped and I could feel the heat radiating from him. "You don't even get the privilege of ever setting your eyes on her again."
"I know I did wrong but I want to make up for it. She is my Queen and I'm to be the King of the mer-people. The mer-people cannot afford to be on their own in the upcoming Revolution. We need the alliance with the Queen." He whispered.
I snapped up and stared at him.
"So I am putting my own dignity and my own pride away so the met-people will survive this Revolution. We all need each other." He whispered and his eyes were on me now.
I placed my hand on Tristan and immediately screamed, jumping back. He was burning and my hand was now blistering up. I fell into the arms of my Queen's Guard and my entire body was shaking. Tristan's fire had just burnt me and I was the idiot who touched him while he was using his element.
"My Queen?" Armani whispered.
"Water. Please?" I chocked out.
Hope stood up. "I'll grab Gardenia and Aeslin. Mayhap one of them may be able to heal the Queen." She spun around and through the doors.
I gripped on to Ceslav's arm grunting from my hand blistering and swelling up. "Tristan? Where is he?" I squeaked out.
"He's not here your grace." Burnhan answered.
I shook my head. "I need him. Please! Get him! I need him." I cried.
"Gwen," He was crying. "I'm here. I'm so sorry. I did this to you." He had taken over my Queen's Guard's position and held me in his arms. "I'm so sorry."
"You didn't do this." The burning in my hand was making me cringe. "I did. I'm the one who touched your arm when you were using your element."
Aeslin and Gardenia rushed through the doors and came to kneel on either side of me.
"Cousin, I cannot heal you." He inspected my hand and it was allot worse than I thought. "I'm still too weak."
"I can. But it'll take some days." Gardenia whispered.
Ambrogio appeared and he must've just woken up with the sun having set. "But the Queen can do so herself."
We all looked to him, completely confused and utterly baffled.
"It is dark elemental magic but the Queen can heal herself now." He stated. "Water elementals used to be able to do it all the time. There is water in your system. In your blood. You can heal yourself but it will take a part of you that you have yet to touch. The dark side of you."
"No." Tristan grunted. "The Queen cannot touch a dark side of her." He looked to me with pleading eyes.
"If this doesn't heal properly who knows what damage it could to her while she uses her elements." Ambrogio stated. "If the dark side is too much we can be here to reel her back to the good side. Trust me, I've seen it all before, we do not want a Queen who can no longer use her elements."
There was allot of fear in my surfing in a million and one thoughts. I was frightened like I was the little girl who was first brought to the castle to become a servant. This fear was allot worse. Now that I was Queen, I had thousands, maybe millions of creatures lives who depended on me now.
"W-what do I do?" I whispered.
"No." Tristan cried.
In the last couple of years, I had never seen Tristan, the Dark Lord ever cry. Not even show sadness and here he was crying out his eyes. He was showing this emotion, allot more than I ever thought. As if all the sadness from the last couple of years was piling on him on this moment.
"Tristan, this isn't your fault. I'm the brainless one who touched you while using fire." I spoke.
"Gwen, I'm so sorry." He squeaked out.
"I'm not dying am I? No. So it is all okay." I gave him a small smile.
Ambrogio bent down. "We need to do this now."
I nodded and stared into Ambrogio's eyes. "Okay."
"Close your eyes and concentrate." He whispered and I heard him loudly and clearly. "Concentrate on your body. But more importantly concentrate on inside your body. Centre yourself."
I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths. All I felt were Tristan's strong arms around me protecting me from the worlds dangers, his ragged breathing as he sobbed about hurting me and I heard his fast beating heart. Slowly I felt myself slip away, into my own world. I felt my own body working, the blood coursing through my body. The beating of my heart slowing down to a normal pace. It was all the works inside me.
Keeping me alive.
Keeping me here.
____________________________________
CLUELESS NATION CREATORS

come back to us dear readers x