Four • Mistake

"Poppy!" You spluttered.

"How else are you going to see him again? I'm just doing you a favour." The girl said with a wink as she proceeded towards the street.

Dragging her back into the alley by her jacket collar, Poppy whined and looked upset.

"I don't need your help, Poppy. I'm fine." You said, as you stood the girl in front of you.

"Yes you do. You were practically drooling over him the entire time. Just admit it!" She quipped.

"I was not!" You snapped back.

"Were too!" The girl said with a profuse pout.

With a defeated sigh you took the girl's hand and drew your wand.

"Lets go home Poppy. Hold on to your phoenix." You said as you pointed your wand to the sky and concentrated.

"He's in love with you. I can tell." Poppy said just as you casted the spell. You tripped up, messing with your concentration. Your magic spiraled uncontrollably around the two of you. You then hit your face right off the dirt.

Groaning you sat up and held your head. Poppy was only meters away, her phoenix sat squawking in front of her.

"Why would you say that! Right then! Look what you did!" You scolded. Honestly Poppy knew better. This wasn't the first time she had done this sort of thing.

"You do like him!" She cheered.

With a roll of your eyes you stood up. You placed you wand over your ear, like you had with a dry quill so many time in school. Dusting yourself off you reached down to help your sister.

"Where are we?" Poppy asked as she turned and looked around slowly.

Looking around you didn't recognize the dark field. Off in the distance you heard hoof beats on packed soil. They were nearing and quickly.

"Poppy, run!" You said as you spotted a gargantuan grey mass with an orange glowing head, making its way over.

You turned and ran after your sister. Taking the phoenix and it's perch from the much shorter girl, you dragged her by the hand.

The two of you scaled the dirt covered, grassy terrain with ease until Poppy's hand slipped from your's as she fell. Her foot getting lodged under a tree root.

The beast was fast approaching. Setting down the phoenix beside your exhausted sibling. You fished about in your coat for your wand. It wasn't there.

"Sis!" Poppy called as you walked between your sister and the beast.

"Get up and keep going. I can hold it off." You said with a quiver to your voice that was nearly masked by the adrenaline pumping thought you blood. Causing the sound of your heart to echo in your head and in your ears.

The creature neared. An Erumpent! That's what it was. You knew what to do now, if only you had your wand.

"Behind your ear!" Poppy shouted from behind you. She knew you too well.

Retrieving your wand, you placed it your pocket. You crouched with your arms behind your back. It was worth a shot.

The creature stopped in its tracks and pawed at the ground. You jumped around in a specific pattern while still crouched down. You heard a giggle from behind you from Poppy.

Moving away from her slowly while still doing your little dance you led it away. Soon the creature layed down on it's stomach.

You could hear clapping behind you as your stood up slowly.

"Stupendous!" Poppy cheered.

You curtsied to the girl and smiled. You were completely going on a whim as to how to deal with the beast. Your father had worked with many creatures throughout his life. He had prided himself on how well you learned from what little information he told you about his work. You were a Ravenclaw simply on that fact. You learned, and learned well.

Poppy curtsied back and laughed. She was going to have plenty to tell her school mates when she went back to school in the least.

"What are you two doing here?" A calm male voice asked.

You and Poppy both whirled towards the man, wands drawn.

"Mr Scamander? Again?" Poppy asked.

"It would seem. Would you like some tea?" He said with an inquiring look. He wasn't wearing his coat and vest anymore, and his shirt was untucked and the top few buttons were undone.

Poppy looked up to you and sighed wholeheartedly.

"You're drooling again, sis." She said as she took the lead to follow Newt.

"I am not!" You spat back.

"Close, but not exactly." Newt mumbled just loud enough to barely hear.

"I was not. Don't flatter yourself, Scamander." You said as you followed behind them.

"I'm not. It's the truth. But don't worry. Worrying only makes it hurt twice." He said as a smile played at his lips.

"You're infuriating. You know that?" You asked.

"You wouldn't be the first to say it, especially not the first time you've said it. How do you take your tea?"

Please hit that star if you liked it, thanks. What's your favorite drink and how do you take it? I like chai tea with milk, but I honestly don't think I make it right. 😂