Sixteen • Attacked

Standing beside your sister in the living room you heard the door knob start to rattle furiously. Hot fear rose and hit you in the face as you felt yourself nervously sweat. This would be the moment of truth.

"Sis, what do we do?" Poppy asked, as she drew her wand and clung to your arm with her free hand.

"I'll hold them off. Use the floo to find Newt. I'm sure he would help you and can hide you." You said, as you heard the hinges of the door rattle as the screws began to twist out of there sockets.

"Sis, I can't leave you here!" Poppy protested.

Looking to your terrified sister you pushed her to the hearth. You hadn't much time left before they would get in the flat.

"Don't you dare die!" Poppy shouted, as you passed her the dish of floo powder.

Taking a fare handful, Poppy threw down the powder and green flames rose. She eyed the fire with a look of determination that you admired.

"How do I find him?" Poppy asked as you heard the door drop to the ground.

"Newt Scamander's case." You said as low as you could as you shoved your sister forward, into her only means of escape.

Right before your eyes the green flames engulfed her, with slight relief you felt a wave of magic hit you in the back, and you dropped to you knees in pain. They were here to kill you, no exceptions.

Fighting your pain you stood shakily and turned to your opponent, a pale figure in jet black robes that covered their whole face. Behind them was another figure dressed in all black robes.

They doth wore silver rings on each of their long ghastly fingers. The largest of the adorned rings bore a large blood red stone. The very same stones that you had seen on the other hooded figures you had seen these past weeks. It all made sense now.

Casting a few spells you shot yourself forward so that you could be on the offensive side towards both of your attackers. They struggled against the force and speed of your magic and yet there way two of them, and only one of you.

"Die, you ingrate! You don't deserve it's power!" One of the figures shouted.

The two raised their wands and casted some sort of dark magic. You felt your skin burn as if by acid. You cried out in pain as your wand dropped from your hand and your legs gave way. This was not the end, you told yourself.

Your eyes watered from the pain as one of the figures casted another crusio on you. As you faught against the pain and suffering, you extended your arm and reached for your wand.

With a avian screech that pierced your eardrums you looked up to your attackers who struggled to fend of a fiery bird that came between you and your possible death.

With a pop of magic, that was nearly inaudible, due to the phoenix and the steady stream of cusses that emitted from the scene before you. You heard footsteps, and soon enough someone or something bounded over you and kicked your wand towards your hand. Taking it in your hand you instantly felt it's power and magic rush through you.

"Don't you dare touch that!" One of the hooded figures shouted.

"That wand belongs to us!" The other screamed.

Your vision blurred slightly as you stood, another figure stood ahead of you. That of a blue coat. You took up your wand and as the blue clad figure moved aside you shouted stupify and the two black hooded figures dropped to the ground. Your phoenix still screeching and thrashing about violently and clawing at the two figures.

The blue clad figured turned and in a single instant you felt the most relieved you had ever been to see someone in your life. It was Newt. He had gotten Poppy, and she was safe.