Thirty Two • Beasts

Song: Heathens by Twenty One Pilots

(Just a quick question, do you guys think there is too much of Poppy in the story? I'm trying to place her as sort of a reflection of the reader. Because to me, you ware off on the people around you. :/ But that's just me.)

After what felt like hours, dusk fel. Finally you lost your patience and felt your hiding spot, and tried to get into the warehouse. You had to do something or else you would explode.

You had never been one to wait and see. You would always go out o your way to do the things other people wouldn't do right.

Pushing on the door you felt it was locked. Rattling the handle it wouldn't budge.

"Alohomora." Newt said, as he tapped the door with his wand.

"I had that." You said as you walked into the large open space.

"You were never particularly good at charms back in school." Newt said with a shrug.

"Do you even know me? I had an outstanding every year." You replied.

"You were always last to get what was being taught. You struggled with it, but so did I." Newt said as he followed you into the warehouse.

The room was filled with cages. Disgusted by the sight, bile rose in your throat.

"This is unbelievable." Newt whispered to himself.

Rushing over to a dark corner, you followed a trail of chain bits. Chained up and hurt in the corner was the massive white form of what you could only imagine was a dragon.

Ripping at the chains that were cemented into the ground to panicked. Shaking in rage as your blood rushed in your ears. Nothing deserved to be chained up or held against it's will.

"Hey, over here." Newt called from the brighter side of the room.

The dragon turned over slightly and swung it's head slowly to face you. It's piercing red eyes froze your heart. You had seen so many creatures and people, abused and yet this was far worse. The majestic and powerful creature was chained down, unable to fly. It reminded you of yourself. Strong and capable of great things, and yet you were bound to your family's fate.

"I found Tina." Newt yelled, as he noticed you weren't coming.

Newt was right. Tina lay unconscious in a heap against one of the crates. Above that crate was crate sat a cage. Flapping it's wings violently and squawking furiously. It was Newt's phoenix.

"I named her Athena. She could be strong like her, or you." Newt said with a nervous blush.

"Newt, do we love each other or are we just confused by old school crushes?" You asked bluntly.

"Bloody hell, you're straight forward." Newt mumbled as he knelt down with Tina.

"That's not an answer. I have to be rude sometimes, It's the only way people don't ignore what I say." You said.

"Well Tina's alive... Do want the right answer or the real answer?" Newt replied.

"The real answer might be best." You said.

"I do love you. I have since back at Hogwarts. It was never a schoolboy crush to me. Now I've seen you've changed, and so have I. Loving someone and being in love with someone are different." Newt said with a sigh as he held Tina in his arms.

"Can't you, just fall back in love with me?" You whispered.

With a sickening blow you were hit with some sort of spell from behind. You dropped to your knees and felt as your vision slipped away. You faught against it as best you could, you could still fight.

"Newt. Take Tina and get out of here!" You yelled as Newt and Tina began to move away from your foes. You had to do this alone. It was the only way to finish it once and for all.

Please remember to vote and comment.