Twenty Seven • Secrets

I would like to dedicate this chapter to all the people who have been so supportive since the beginning, and to the new friends I've made over the last few weeks. I really do appreciate every vote and comment and every message you all make.

Song: Dirty little secret by The American Rejects

"Well. We'd better go then." Tina said with a cross of her arms.

"You weren't invited." Lake said nonchalantly.

"That was rude." Tina hissed.

"I'm always rude and a bit contemptuous. Get over it." Lake said with a shrug.

Tina looked completely dumbfounded. Her mouth slack and her eyes wide.

"I never knew you to be so..." Tina said.

"So what? Cocky? Put-off-ish?" Lake suggested.

"I think the word you're looking for is 'prick'." You replied.

"That would do it." You heard Newt mumble.

"Can we talk in my case?" Newt suggested.

"In your what?" Lake questioned.

"It's best not to ask until you've seen it. Let's go." You said.

"I didn't invite him. He's not welcome." Newt said.

"There's no need to get jealous. I've known him since we were kids. It's not like she can get

"We can't just leave the case here. Out in the open." Newt stated.

"Good point." You replied.

"I'll take the case with me when I leave. I'll drop it off at my hotel. No one should give you any trouble." Tina said.

"That's our best option as it stands. Let's go." Lake said.

"Might as well." Newt said as he looked about the room.

Putting down his case on the floor, Lake watched in awe as the case opened to reveal it's magical contents.

"It leads to another place." Lake stated in shock.

"Quite right. Don't touch anything, and don't even think to look at my creatures." Newt said as he dropped down the ladder.

"You next, Lake." You said.

"The things I do for you." Lake muttered as he went down the rungs to the small home below.

"Whatever you do. Don't forget I'm going to be watching you. Don't do anything to Newt." Tina whispered before to stepped into the case.

"Tina Goldstein. If you only knew the half of this whole thing." You said with a click of your tongue.

The woman before you just seethed in frustration, and a wild, almost crazed look flashed across her face as she saw that you weren't fazed by her.
Stepping over the threshold and began to descend into the case.

"He doesn't love you!" Tina shouted as her face showed a disgruntled expression.

"Yes I do!" You heard Newt shout from inside the opened case.

"Good Merlin help us all." You also heard from below, from Lake.

Droping down into the case you pulled the cover closed behind you. The cabin was lit by a hazy yellow glow by many gas lanterns and candles.

"I feel like I'm intruding now." Lake said with an awkward laugh.

"I need you to help me explain the situation to him." You said.

"So the quick run down is as follows; her family was killed by my family back in the old days. The remaining survivors were deemed some of the greatest magic users of their time. As payment my family pledged their allegiance to them. The alliance sparked a trend, after a few decades they ha three families under their control. One family gave a sword, another gave a necklace and the final family offered one of their children. Isolt, founder of Ilvermorny made a wand for herself. The wand was made of legends itself." Lake said flatly.

"Well that's most of it." You said with a sigh.

"So... you're telling me that... I don't understand what you're telling me." Newt said with a shake of his head.

"I'm a descendant of Salazar Slytherin himself." You replied.

The shock on Newt's face made your heart sink. You knew it wouldn't go over well.

"I never meant to get you involved in all of this." You said to the man.

Looking to the ground you, after a moment you felt strong arms wrap around you.

"I wouldn't want it any other way." Newt whispered softly against your hair.

"Okay! Break it up before I puke. Anyway I think someone's here." Lake said as he gestured to the hatch.

The hatch opened and down came Tina Goldstein.

The look on her face as she saw you standing in Newt's arms was a pleasing sight. She looked so offended as if you were nothing but a petty witch who didn't deserve him.

"Someone followed me." Tina said as she composed herself enough to speak.

"Well looks like we've got ourselves a romance story with a side of terrible plot shifts." Lake said as he shook his head.

"Sounds like it." You said as you remembered what you had been though in such a short time. What a mess.

Please vote and comment I you liked this chapter, thanks. Sorry for all the dialog, it's just easier to move the story along that way.