20. Dead

Yeri's POV

I sat up in my bed and wiped the sleep from my eyes before yawning and getting out of my bed then walking over to my light brown wardrobe that had a few of my clothes in (because i used to live here with Seulgi, wendy,joy and irene while kris was having his 'im gun rul da wurd n shieteu' moment). I opened the doors and ran my hand over the clothes hanging up before picking out a yellow and pink fluffy jumper and pulling it over my head. I opened up a draw and pulled out some skinny jeans and white socks because honestly i can't find the socks that actually match together.

I closed the draw and doors to the wardrobe and shuffled over to my mirror that was on top of my table and picking up my brush then sitting on the seat in front of the desk. I hummed along to a song as i let the brush move gently through my hair,untangling the strands that had clumped together over night. Putting the brush back down on the desk,i picked up a picture that had me, Wendy, Joy, Irene and Seulgi in, and smiled remembering the day where it was taken.

It was July 5th and we all decided to go out for the day. We all decided on going to the fair so we went and decided to try most the rides even if they were for kids. Joy and I decided to go on the t-cups while Seulgi and Irene were laughing along with Wendy but had to stop midway to take a photo of us two. After that we decided to all go on the carousel which in my opinion was pretty fun. Irene,Joy and Wendy were in front of me and Seulgi but it was still fun. After that we wanted to take a photo of all of us in front of it so we asked a bystander who was called,i think, Choi Seung-Hyun. He was really tall but he seemed nice but he still took the photo of us.

I went up to my door and opened it then headed down to Irene's room which was only a few rooms to the right from mine. I pulled my jumper further down before smiling and entering her room quietly to not wake her,but....she wasn't there. The smile on my face disappeared and i saw no trace on her but decided to look round her room. Where could she be? I asked myself as i started to worry and get annoyed.

"If you think about it,it didn't see her yesterday,maybe she'e with the other 3." I muttered to myself and i decided to run to Joy's room in hopes of finding her there. I opened the door to Joy's rather quickly then walked into the room. I let out a relaxed sight as i saw someone in the bed and Joy randomly on the floor. I giggled and took a loose thread from the end of my jumper,where my hand was,and started chewing on it before walking over to Joy and pocking her back.She groaned and opened one eye then smiled once she saw it was me.

"Hey Yeri."She said as she got up from her lying position and looked up at the bed.She sighed and stood up before shaking the person in the bed vigorously. The person turned over and swatted Joy's hand away.

"Come on Seulgi. Yeri's here." Joy said as she went over to her white draws and opened the top one to get out a towel and clean clothes. She walked over to me and ruffled my hair then chuckled when i whined.

"I'm gonna go take a shower,make sure to have one later okay Yeri."She said as i nodded allowing  her to take a shower. Once i saw her leave the room, I jumped on the bed and started jumping up and down while singing out of tune deliberately. After a few more jumps i was able to get Seulgi up and dressed.

"I'm gonna go for a walk out now okay Seulg?" I asked as i walked towards the door. She hummed in response and there i went,flying down the hall and out the door. I stopped and breathed in the fresh air. I shivered as i looked at the water patches on the floor from last nights storm,and saw it was frozen over. I hugged myself as i started walking around and touching random things that were frozen.

Nobody POV

It must have been about 10 minutes since Yeri came outside before something caught her eye. She tilted her head to the side allowing a few of her blond locks to drape down and blow gently against the wind. The thing that caught her eye shimmered in the sunlight only drawing more attention to itself which only sparked Yeri's interest more. Cautiously she walked up to the item and picked it up. This is Irene's Necklace that i got for her not long ago. Yeri thought as she inspected the necklace with a smile which soon turned to a look of worry as a thought crossed her mind. Why is this out here. It must have been here all night but why? Where is Irene if she isn't in her room? Yeri thought as more of the similar questions invaded her mind. All those 'What if's? Why's? How's? Maybe's?' could drive someone insane.

Yeri dropped the necklace in her back pocket and decided to look around more as she remembered that actually, it wasn't just Irene who she didn't see. She didn't see Sanha,Jennie,Wendy,Moonbin,Chen,Minzy and Xiumin didn't come back last night.

Yeri placed her hand on the tree in front of her and let it slide along the tree as she moved behind it. She stopped walking once she got round the tree as the sight in front of her was unbearable to stand.

There lied the bodies of Sanha,Jennie and Irene. She cupped a hand around her mouth as she went and took a look at Sanha and Jennie's bodies.She crouched down beside them and placed a hand on each of their cheeks. She brought her hands to their neck to check there pulse and went into panic once she couldn't find one but then she remembered,Irene was still laying on the floor.

Yeri moves over to Irene's body and sits on the floor before picking the top part of her body up and placing it so that Irene's head was in her lap. Yeri felt her face which was as cold as Jennie and Sanha's corpses. Yeri checked Irene's pulse and screamed alerting the others unconsciously as she couldn't find a heartbeat. 

Hot tears run down her face as she hugged Irene's body close and stroked her head. Within minutes,everyone was where Yeri was and stopped when they saw the bodies and a crying Yeri who was now leaning her back against a tree and was hugging her knees tightly.

Seulgi and Joy looked at each other and sighed. They both had the same question running through their heads: how will Yeri react about Wendy as well?

They walked towards Irene's body and examined it before going over to Yeri and hugging her tightly. Yeri hugged back and wiped her tears with the back of her hand as she then watched Kai walk towards her and crouch down to her height.

"Hey Yeri,I'm sorry about Irene. You must have been close with her right?" Kai asked as Yeri sniffled and nodded. Kai smiled softly and patted her head.

"I'm sorry i couldn't save her but do you wanna know what she said to me before she went?" Kai asked her as he sat down on the cold grass with most of the others beside him ready to hear what she said.

"Yes and it isn't your fault that she died,she saved us and she knew the risk. I just wish it was me instead of her."Yeri said as she muttered the last part.

"She said that i should take care of you because you are her baby sister and she loves you so much, she also said that whatever happens to her,she wants you to continue with education and be focused in school." Kai said seriously which only made those two with Seulgi and Joy laugh while making the others confused.

"Come on,it's Irene we are talking about here,she wouldn't say something so smart serious." Yeri giggled and looked up at Kai with a smile on her face.

"Thank you Kai." She said as she leaned forward and hugged him. Kai hugged her back and stroked the back of her hair with a content smile on his face.

"Hey do you 3 have anywhere to go?" He asked as he was still hugging Kai. Seulgi,Joy and Yeri shook their heads which made Kai look towards Kyungsoo (who was beside him) who understood and looked happy about what his husband was about to say. He broke the hug with Yeri and cupped her face in her hands.

"Hey. Wanna live with me and Kyungsoo? and i guess Taehyung but he has an apartment i think." Kai asked then smiled as he saw the 3 girls faces light up. All three bombarded both Kyungsoo and Kai while repeating thank you's over and over.

"Well i just gained 3 sisters,how cool is that?" Taehyung asked as he looked at Jungkook.

***********************************************************************************************

1549 words

A/n yo yall should go watch the black devil and white prince like it gave me so many feels. Also this was based around just mainly red velvet (the kpop girl group in this) so that was fun.

song-red velvet-russian roulette-1 hour ver

from left to right with the first photo- Joy-Irene-Yeri-Wendy-Seulgi