ALCOHOL

taehyung focus
taehyung shifts nervously in his room, trying to busy himself. maybe he should stay in and tell jungkook that he was ill?

it was the evening and taehyung was physically and mentally preparing himself for tonight. he was sure that it'd either be full of drinking alcohol and doing messy things or sitting sober on one of  the kitchen chairs.

he sighs and looks at himself one more time in the mirror, his fingernails digging into his palms anxiously. he breathed out heavily and told himself not to worry.

it's just a party - big deal.
just don't drink anything handed by a stranger and keep your hands to yourself.
no sucking people's dicks, especially jungkook's.

at the last thought, taehyung turns his head to see hoseok open and nearly smash the door off its hinges with inexplicable energy.

"yOU READY?" hoseok yells, swinging the door open to reveal a stranger besides him.
taehyung recognises him as the moody boy who had straddled jungkook a couple of days ago and who had looked pissed off, when taehyung had walked in on them.
on a closer look, the boy's black hair and pale clear skin contrasted perfectly. his pale pink lips pressed in a bored line, refusing to open and talk.
wow, taehyung thinks as he inspects the male carefully.

taehyung holds his breath, his nails embedding further into the clammy palm of his hand.
oh god, what's he doing here?

taehyung's eyes flit from a drunk hoseok to the quiet boy besides him.

"y-yeah," taehyung chuckles uneasily,
"im ready. are you, uh drunk?"

"yEAH! yoongi gave me a pre-party drink!" hoseok grins, taking a bottle of alcohol out of the moody boy's open backpack. "jungkookie told me to take yoongiiii and pick you upPP!"

"ah yoongi?" taehyung smiles, hoping that it doesn't look like a grimace.
please be nice.
please be nice.
please be nice.

"hey." yoongi murmurs. taehyung nods slowly, as if taking in yoongi's answer. hoseok hums happily and strides over to taehyung's bed, flopping down on it.

"jungkook's busy talking to a bunch of people and will come later to change and go to the party. he said to go ahead and that he'll see us there!" hoseok beams, swishing the liquid in the bottle wildly and threatened to spill on to taehyung's bedsheets.

"shall we get going?" yoongi asks, leaning against the doorframe and already looked bored. taehyung nods, unable to speak.

maybe he was scared of yoongi's intimidating facial expression? maybe he was simply shy? or maybe he was awkward due to the fact that he'd seen him straddling jungkook. but either way, taehyung refused to say a word to min yoongi as they walked out of his dorm and to the house of whoever was holding the party. he let hoseok cheerfully chat to yoongi - who grumbles response and drinks away from his own bottle - and walks down campus in silence, hugging his cold arms.

                                    +

taehyung fiddles with the material of his jacket sleeves whilst standing around awkwardly, in the midst of what seemed like hundreds of perspiring bodies. the smell of sweat and the sweet taste of alcohol made taehyung's nose crinkle in disgust.

yoongi had wandered off as soon as they entered the building, hoseok following in tow, whilst giggling loudly at yoongi scowl.

taehyung furrows his eyebrows at the scene before him, a scene that he really really wasn't keen of. a couple of desolate streamers hung from the staircase where several couples made out, hands sliding to places they shouldn't go in public. surrounding him were half sober half drunk students, who danced maniacally to terrible music with lopsided grins on. taehyung backed away from their Cheshire Cat grins and walked, in what he hoped, was the direction of the kitchen.