WEDDING

it's bunbun!! _______

it's bunbun!!
_______

D13
jungkook focus
the next morning, taehyung's up and running. he no longer feels that tired nor ill and decides to celebrate by taking a warm shower.

much to jungkook's dismay, it was also a long one.

jungkook tries to calm his jittery self by fiddling with his hair but he only ends up tugging the black strands in frustration.
the wedding's tomorrow and i still haven't asked taehyung to be my plus one, jungkook groans internally.

why did i tell mom that i had a plus one?

tae might not even want to come. why would he after all, go to a stranger's wedding?"

who knows though? he might want to come?? maybe i should ask him - just to see?

or maybe i should just not ask and tell mom i had no plus one and go without a plus one?

the door to the bathroom opens and taehyung emerges from the bathroom, the ends of his fringe wet and his skin glistened under the morning light streaming in through the window.
jungkook gulps.

he thinks about the sleek black box sitting in the back of his wardrobe, the box held together by a glossy ribbon which kept his suit in perfect condition. his mom had sent it to him a couple of days ago and he still hasn't bothered trying it on - he just stashed the suit away.

even if he wanted to come there's no way he'd be able to arrange a suit for the wedding. it's tomorrow, for gods sake!! ah, jungkook, you shouldn't have kept it this late, he scolds himself as taehyung patters around the room, barefoot.

"taehyung?" he asks slowly. taehyung stops padding around and looks up expectantly at jungkook.

"um, you remember ji yeon and eun min coming here right? you know, that day where-"

"where you ditched our ramen date. yes, i remember that clearly." taehyung finishes dryly. he resumes walking around, tinkering away with whatever he was doing.

jungkook clears his throat guiltily, "uh yeah, so-" he stops mid way, thinking.
no point telling him about why i didn't want to go to wedding originally and why eun min came to the dorms. just fucking ask him out.

"actually scratch that." taehyung looks up at this, raising an eyebrow. "do you um. . ." jungkook trails off.

taehyung frowns; he'd never seen the younger looks so frustrated before. usually it was him being the flustered, red cheeked one whilst jungkook was the one who smirked and acted way too cocky for his own good.

"jungkook?" he prompts, waiting. he stops whatever he was doing and leans against the headboard of jungkook's bed.

"um, you don't have to come but do you maybe um." jungkook stops, sighing. he doesn't know why he's getting so stutter-y.

"spit it out already." taehyung says, brushing his damp fringe out of his eyes.

"doyoumaybewanttocomewithmetomymom'swedding?"

taehyung blinks.

"oh, um. . -sure! and congratulations to your mom!"

????? he said yes so easily??

"when's the wedding then?"

"u-uh tomorrow."

"huh? tomorrow? that's so soon."

"yeah, sorry it's so short notice. it's just that i don't wanna go by myself - my moms remarrying and apparently the groom's side had a shit ton of relatives and i don't wanna face these strangers by myself and i don't want them to be all 'ah that's her son, he's getting a stepfather' y'know and-"

"it's fine jungkook, no need to freak out." taehyung chuckles.

"oh. . okay. but you agreed to coming so quickly - how come?"

"hm?" taehyung smiles at jungkook, "for the cake of course. wedding cake flavours are always yummy." he beams, eyes turning into thin dark crescents. jungkook, despite his uncomfortable state, laughs. of course - the cake.

"then ill make sure you get unlimited wedding cake in return for being my plus one." jungkook promises, sticking his hand for taehyung to shake it and seal the deal.

well that's that done; time to set today's plan into action - no doubt that by the end of the day, taehyung'll for sure, want to date me.