"SAVE ME PLS"

D5
jungkook focus
the following morning, jungkook wakes up to taehyung curled around his side, his hands wrapped around himself as he sleeps serenely.
god, ive missed this, he thinks as he
appraises the close presence of taehyung.

he momentarily thinks back to his high school self awaking to the view of a sleeping taehyung and studying him for a few seconds before leaving the boy to go and prepare for school. he never felt like leaving back then - even when he profusely stated that he wasn't gay, he had to admit that he loved admiring the peacefulness denoted in the older's face every morning.

jungkook doesn't move for a second, enjoying the warmth provided by the older's body and the duvet. unfortunately his alarm blares loudly, alerting his tired self to wake up for the approaching school day.

with weary eyes and a yawn, jungkook turns off his phone alarm and stretches carefully so as not to disturb taehyung by flinging an arm into his face. nevertheless taehyung groans as he lifts himself up off the bed, following the younger's actions.

"m'turn it off." taehyung moans, scratching the back of his neck, absent- minded.

"sorry," jungkook apologises as he hauls himself out of bed. "did you sleep well?"

taehyung nods, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "was nice." he says, lifting his half lidded eyes to jungkook and smiles lazily. jungkook feels a small pang of affection for the older hit his chest.

"wake up, you gotta get to class." he says, dragging himself sleepily to the bathroom.

"don't have any classes today, it's free period for me." taehyung mutters, dropping back on to the pillow. only he can't fall asleep - not without jungkook, so he just stares at the ceiling blankly as he tries to rid the lingering remains of sleep.

"oh," jungkook replies, snaking a hand under his shirt and scratches his stomach. he yawns again.
"what're your plans for today then?" he asks casually.

"jin hyung has free period as well so im gonna help him with his groceries and then finish up on my art work later." taehyung mumbles, slipping out out of bed.

"get me something when you go shopping." jungkook calls over his shoulder as he enters the bathroom to go and brush his teeth.

taehyung simply gives a yawn in response.

+

taehyung feels like crying.

it's later in the afternoon and taehyung is stuck in an art studio with his desk partner, who is currently on a rampage about 'feminism' on the phone to her roommate whilst painting her drawings of the female crotch with immaculate detail.

taehyung whines internally as his classmate starts up another argument with her roommate.
he's slowly but surely dying as he steadily draws his idea of 'birth'; a cradle with flowers carved in the sides. basic but he thinks he'll get at least a B for his technique.

he takes a break, digging out his phone to momentarily distract himself from his desk partner's, sejun's enthusiastic grunts. he swipes his thumb over his small number of contacts, desperate to find someone to talk and distract himself from sejun.

god, i should've just finished my art at jin hyung's dorm and ate his food. fuck, why did i come here? taehyung moans internally as sejun goes off on another rant.

his finger hovers over his contacts, wondering who to message. he spots jungkook's name and quickly taps out a message to him, thinking that the boy would be free since classes were long since finished.

taehyung: come save me pls
taehyung: dying rn
taehyung: im staying behind in the art studio to finish some work but the feminazi who draws vaginas is staying behind as well and she keeps talking to her friend about the importance of vegan-ism for the sixth time now

jungkook: on my way to save you - be there in five
jungkook: also did you get me something from the store?