ICY

taehyung focus
butterflies butterflies butterflies butterflies, oh my god - i have butterflies again. oh my god oh my go oh my god oh my god-

"you're so slow," jungkook tells him and waits a few steps ahead so taehyung could hurry and catch up him. taehyung promptly stumbles to jungkook's side.

"sorry." he whispers, his breath coming out in white puffs in the cold weather. his mind gets side tracked again by the warm feeling present in his tummy; the butterflies are back, oh-

"taehyung, you're slowing down again." jungkook says, stopping and waiting for the elder to catch up once again. taehyung mumbles a quiet "sorry" and hurries to catch up with jungkook's pace.

"here," jungkook murmurs, interlocking his fingers with taehyung's. his hand cold against taehyung still warm and clammy palm.

jungkook smiles at him.
taehyung feels like fainting upon seeing this.

"oh," taehyung's breathes, unsure about what he should say.
he instructed himself at the start of this bet to not fall for jungkook, fearing that if he dated jungkook, it would only result in heartache like last time.
but he can't help but let the butterflies, the warm feeling, the flushed cheeks appear again.

who knows, taehyung? it might just work out. if dating jungkook is like this, then it could be fun, he thinks as he looks down at their entwined fingers. he lifts his head, a smile on his face as he looks straight ahead, and he doesn't even bother to hide it from jungkook.

maybe you should agree to date him, he muses to himself as jungkook fondly squeezes his hand.

the two walk in comfortable silence; taehyung smiling uncontrollably and jungkook swinging their hands back and forth, their fingers red and frostbitten from the icy december temperatures.