DOG CAFE

[so a bunch of you guys were confused as to why taehyung didn't react to the lipstick marks.

tbh, i completely forgot about that bit lololol

but i think taehyung would just ignore the marks and think nothing of it - he's more fixated on being disgusted by the vomit really].

jungkook focusjungkook sits at one of the dog cafe's table and watches taehyung, who converses cheerfully with two large dogs, a grin plastered on his face

jungkook focus
jungkook sits at one of the dog cafe's table and watches taehyung, who converses cheerfully with two large dogs, a grin plastered on his face. he sips at his iced americano and nurses his pounding headache as he watches taehyung crawl after one of the dogs, amused.

"jungkook come and play with kongju and jinju!" taehyung exclaims, walking over with the two dogs at his sides, almost as if they were acting as bodyguards, protecting taehyung.

"enjoying yourself?" jungkook asks, pressing his fingers to his throbbing forehead. taehyung nods, sliding into the seat in front of jungkook. kongju and jinju sit on their haunches besides taehyung, panting and with their tongue lolling out. taehyung coos at them, scratching behind their ears.

"yeah, i am. i didn't think there was a dog cafe nearby the colleg." taehyung says, beaming.
he frowns, "ah but jungkook, you're in a dog cafe - you can't just drink iced americano. here, scratch jinju under his chin." taehyung says, pointing at a large dog with immaculate snowy fur sitting the closest to jungkook.

jungkook raises an eyebrow but does so. he's surprised when jinju relaxes under his hand, dropping his head to rest on jungkook's open palm. he smiles animatedly as he continues rubbing jinju's furry chin.

"see, it's nice." taehyung quips, kneeling on the floor to wrap his arms around kongju's neck, nuzzling his nose against his chocolate fur.

an overweight but small mocha coloured dog plods over to taehyung, yearning for taehyung's attention as well. taehyung giggles and takes the dog into his arms, he checks the tag and reads her name out; "danbee."

taehyung places danbee on his shoulder, as if she were a baby. she yaps loudly and taehyung laughs, setting her back on the ground.

taehyung looks past the dogs and at the clock hanging off the wall. his eyes widen at the time: already three hours had gone by, three hours of which he chatted and petted the dogs without a care in the world.

"it's been three hours," jungkook states, reading taehyung's mind.
taehyung turns back to jungkook and grins at him, "thanks for bringing me here.

"you're welcome." jungkook says, returning taehyung's grin. "ready to date me now?" he's expecting taehyung to do his usual eye rolls and sigh but he's taken by surprise at what taehyung does next.

taehyung looks up and gives jungkook a small smile, "maybe."

.

.

.

what?

did he just-

"what?" jungkook splutters, thinking he had misheard taehyung. taehyung turns away to rub his nose against jingju's button like nose. jungkook spots the red covering taehyung's cheeks.

"i said maybe." he mumbles. he straightens up and clears his throat, changing the subject.
"ah i w-wish i could stay here and play with kongju and jingju." taehyung stammers, looking at the dogs.

"but i gotta go back to the dorm and finish my project off." he says quickly.

jungkook was too shook to reply; taehyung had said maybe.

he said maybe??? jungkook thinks, eyes still wide.
of course he would - i knew he wouldn't be able to resist the dogs, jungkook thinks to himself smugly, mentally patting himself on the back for the great idea he had.

"then, shall we get going?" taehyung breaks him from his thoughts and he grins, standing up.

"of course." jungkook says. just then his phone vibrates and he looks at the lockscreen, seeing the messages. he sighs internally, his smile dropping.

taehyung yells a goodbye to the two kind elderly women who owned the shop and jungkook does the same. he follows taehyung out of the shop and tells him,
"ah, actually i have to go and facetime someone. it's, um, urgent."

"oh," taehyung blinks, "okay, bye then." taehyung says, waving goodbye to jungkook, smiling a little.

jungkook doesn't miss the way taehyung's smile had dampened a little.