"IM 100% SERIOUS."

iM LAUGHING SO HARD AT YOUR REACTIONS ON THE LAST CHAPTER; YOU GUYS WERE SO MAD oML
-- i pinky promise though, that this is the chapter where the taehyung finally makes his decision.
________

jungkook focus
he takes a step, then another, then another. he stops once he's a few mere centimetres away from jungkook and ducks his head, licking his suddenly dry lips and wringing his hands a little.

jungkook doesn't miss this simple action and feels his heart start to pummel down to the pit of his stomach.
he probably hasn't forgiven me for standing him up on that ramen date - he was so annoyed with me and now he probably bears a grudge against me.

and in high school, when i cut him off without thinking and wrecked everything. i bet he hates me for hurting him like that -- you made him cry for god's sake. oh god, he's gonna sa-

jungkook's clamouring thoughts are cut off when taehyung lifts his head up and looks him square in the eye, cocking his head a little and studying jungkook's expression with shiny eyes.

jungkook clenches his jaw, bracing himself for a rejection. he should reject me, i rejected him in high school after al-

taehyung leans forward on his toes and kisses jungkook's nose lightly, the little action surprising the hell out of him. taehyung pulls away and giggles to himself, "why do you look so nervous?"

jungkook's mouth opens then closes, a thought entering his mind; that was just a pity kiss - he really is gonna gonna rej-

"there's no need to be so nervous," taehyung smiles and wraps his arms around jungkook's waist in a hug, looking up at him with bright eyes. "im saying yes."

taehyung focus
although jungkook rejected taehyung in high school, he's tried for two weeks to get him to fall for him. two weeks might not seem like much but throughout those fourteen days, those cute dates and compliments and jokes - they were difficult for taehyung not to resist.

every hug, kiss, smile thrown in his direction by jungkook made his heart swell with adoration and fondness, wanting to say yes to the younger and date the bunny toothed boy already.

but he decides to let the boy continue to try and win him over, enjoying jungkook's attempts at wooing.
and now, finally finally deciding to give in to the poor boy's bet, taehyung says yes.

jungkook focus
"are-are you serious?" jungkook stutters, stiff from the shock.

"why would i be joking? im 100% serious."

jungkook stays quiet for a few seconds, processing what the fuck was going on.

then he wraps his arms around taehyung and throws his head back, laughing loudly at how worried he was and with relief. taehyung chuckles too, pressing his face against jungkook's shoulder and breathing in his familiar scent.

"are you really really serious?" he questions again, still laughing but looking at taehyung as he does so.

"yes-" before taehyung could reply properly, jungkook swiftly cuts him off by kissing him hard. he can feel taehyung smile into the kiss as he kisses him back, his arms sliding around the back of jungkook's neck and pulling him even closer.