Chapter 36: Rough patch

I woke up without Yato who was usually sleeping next to me. Where did he go? I stood up and walked to the kitchen. "Morning Y/N." Said Kofu and hugged me. "Morning." I replied and sat down as a bowl of food was placed infront of me. "Thank you." I said and started eating. "Pleasure." She said and sat down to eat as well. Where is Yato even? He always sleeps long than me so where did he go so early? I carried on eating and then washed my bowl. I walked back to the room and changed into everyday clothes. I walked around the house looking for Yato but he's just gone. Daikoku was making tea in the kitchen so maybe he might know where he is. "Morning. Do you maybe know where Yato has gone?" I asked him. "No,sorry. I thought he was still asleep." He said and poured the warm water into a mug. "I thought so too but he's not anywhere." I said and sat down. I hope he gets back soon...

In the afternoon...

"Yato is that you?" I asked and walked into our room. I hugged him but he didn't hug back. "Why were you gone?" I asked and he shrugged. "I had some work to do." He said and laughed. "Without me?" I asked. "Look i'm really tierd right now. Yes without you. You weren't needed today" He said and sat on the bed. "You could of at lest told me where you were going." I said and walked out of the room.

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up and put my arm around my boyfriend only to discover that he wasn't even there. "Again?" I questioned and opened my eyes. Why does he do this? I stood up and got breakfast. I asked Kofu about Yato and she said she hasn't seen him. "I'm getting worried Kofu. Do you think you know something?" I asked and I saw her face pale. "Is something wrong?" I asked her and she laughed. "No of course not." She laughed a bit too much. Does she know something I don't? I sighed and sat down. "Don't worry Y/N. He will be back soon." She said and pet my head.

Later...

I sat down on the couch and heard movement coming from the kitchen. I walked inside to make sure someone wasn't breaking in. Yato stood facing the fridge. "Hello. Where did you go today?" I asked sadly. "Work." He said with his mouth full of food. "Again without me?" I asked and sat down. "Ah huh." He mumbled and walked into our room. I followed him and crossed my arms. "Why don't you tell me where you go Yato?" I asked and shook my head. "Why do you keep asking me questions Y/N?" He asked and looked at me. "Because I want to know where you go." I said and borrowed my eyebrows. "What about my question?" I asked him irratated. "What about leaving me alone?" He asked rudely. Did he really say that? "Fine. I will." I said and walked towards the door before stopping. "You jerk!" I said and slammed the door.

NEXT DAY

I opened my eyes. Looked to the side to see that he was gone. Again. The day went by quickly with me worrying about him,what he is hiding from me and just hurt that he doesn't take me with him. Soon night approached and I went into our room. The clock read 11:00pm. I sighed and looked at my arms. I know what I would do if I had a blade right now. "Stop it." I said to myself and stood up. I put my hand through my hair and breathed in. The bedroom door opened to reveal Yatos shining blue eyes. "Tell me everything Yato." I said and sighed. "About?" He asked trailing off. "About where you go!" I shouted and looked at him in his eyes. "I just go to work. Calm down." He said and shrugged. "I am calm." I said softly and swallowed. "What 'work' are you doing?" I asked putting inverted commas over the word work. "Just stuff." He said and took off his shoes. "Its 11:20! You never end this late." I said and walked towards him. "Tell me whats going on!" I shouted and sat next to him.

Yatos POV

I can't tell her what i'm doing. She can't know. "Its not important." I said and took off my other boot. "Tell me!" She shouted. This is getting annoying. Maybe the only way for her to stop asking me questions is to make her shut up.

Your POV

Yato stood up infront of me. "Just back off Y/N. Stop asking questions about what I do!" He shouted at me. I felt a pain go through my body. I stood up and pushed him. "Don't you dare talk to me like that! You're gone in the mornings and then you come home late, you know that I walk around worrying my ass off if you're dead or not! I want to know where you go Yato!" I shouted and felt a tear roll down my face. Yato came close to me and pushed me to the wall with force hurting my back. "Maybe I don't want you to know Y/N! Stop worrying about me. I don't need it!" He shouted. "Don't ask annoying questions." He said and moved back. I was shocked and fell on my knees. "Maybe I shouldn't talk at all." I said and my hair fell infront of my face. "Yes, maybe that will work." Yato said and sat down. "I won't talk then." I said and a tear dropped down on the floor. "Good girl." He said and sighed. I got up weakly and rubbed away my tears. I know he can feel my pain but, does he not care that im crying because of him? I grabbed my pillow from the bed

Yatos POV

She took her pillow and left the room. I know I shouldn't have hurt her but,its for her safety. I can't risk getting her in danger.

🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱
*Edited*