Settling In...

Janet's P.O.V

I opened my eyes when I felt the car stop abruptly and eveuthung fell forward. We were at a red light and it was then that I felt the need to see who I was laying on. Yes I mean who, since there were so many of us kids, we just used each other as pillows on road trips.

It was me, Michael, Marlon and Randy and we were in the middle row, with Rebbie and LaToya in the front behind Joseph and Mother and Jackie, Tito and Jermaine in the back. Everyone else was asleep except me and of course Joseph seeing as how he was driving. I had fallen asleep in Michael's lap and he had his head thrown back against the headseat, dead to the world.

I leaned up to whisper into Mother's ear. "Mother where are we?" She leaned up and stretched her arms slightly. "Mmm, I think we're in Las Vegas, which means we're-" "We're about 4 more hours away so just sit back and ride." Joseph snapped at me and I quickly laid back down on Michael's lap. Why does he have to be such a douche sometimes?...

                         ...

The next time I woke up, the sun was shining brightly through the window and it was much warmer. "Jan!" A voice hissed as I felt somebody poking my chest. I opened my eyes all the way to see that it was Michael trying to wake me up. "Come on Dunk, gotta get offa me." He smiled. I snuggled my head back onto his lap.

"Why?" I groaned, clutching his thigh. "Because we're here." He said and my eyes shot open. I got up and wiped my eyes and face, then swung my legs over the seat to get out. The rest of my siblings and Mother and Joseph were already out looking around at the house. I stood up and stretched and glanced at my surroundings.

It didn't seem to look like any different from any other city, it kinda looked like Gary. And so far, none of the things that I had heard went down in Compton weren't happening. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

Michael got out and stretched too, scratching his sides. "Damn it's hot." He cursed. "Yeah it's like 99 degrees." Marlon replied to him. "Well goodbye snow." Randy muttered and went round back. I decided I wanted to check out the mailbox. I walked down the driveway and got to the mailbox. Just as I was about to open it to look inside, shots rang out.

I immediately looked around for Michael or someone, but everybody was around back. "Aye watch out!" I heard someone yell. I turned around to find some boy run at me and tackle me onto the ground. I screamed, because the shots continued and because this random guy was on top of me! Saving my life maybe, but I didn't know him.

The shooting finally stopped and the boy slowly got off of me. "Are you okay?" He asked, pulling me up. I snatched my hand away and brushed myself off. "Yeah I'm fine."I snapped, lifting my head to see what he looked like.

He was actually kinda cute to be honest

He was actually kinda cute to be honest. But that was besides the point. "Who are you?" I asked and his pretty brown eyes widened. "I'm uh...Eric... Eric Wright." He said nervously. "I live next door. You my new neighbor?" I swallowed. "Y-yeah I'm Janet Jackson." We shook hands real quick and I just stood there kinda awkwardly.

He looked up at me and gasped. "Oh shit," he swore. "Did I do that?" He touched my cheek. I pushed his hand away and I touched it. It was bleeding. "Oh my god!" I squealed and he grabbed me. "I'm sorr-" "No...it's fine. It's fine. Goodbye." I ran into the house, ignoring his calls for me to wait.

I ran into my room, which my brothers had already brought all my stuff into. I flopped onto the bed and everything that had happened since we got here started to settle in. It turns out the stories that I'd been hearing about this place were true. I mean I'd only been there for 5 minutes and already I'd been shot at! And the mysterious boy I just met, he saved my life but he hurt me too. This was all just too much and too weird for to process right now...

Hey guys!! Hopefully you're all still here with me and this story! Sorry it's been so long since I've updated but I hope you liked this one!! Next update will be coming very soon!! Like/comment!! More to come!!