Detroit...

October 15, 1989

Janet's POV

Well a lot has happened in the past few weeks. The second October hit, it seems as though shit just been hitting the fan left and right. Cube has been getting more and more pissed about his contract. He gave up on trying to talk to E because he said it was pretty much like talking to a damn brick wall. He tried to talk to Ren first because they were so close but Ren won't trying to hear it, so Cube decided to talk to Dre. The only reason I knew about it was because I was in the front of the bus feeding Londyn when Cube came in.

*Flashback*

I had wanted to be away from everyone so I decided to go up to the front of the bus with my baby. She was fussing because she was hungry. "Alright Londy calm down." I slowly pulled down my shirt to where my nipple was exposed. I hovered it over Londy's face and sure enough she found it within seconds and started eating. I swear I loved this little girl with all my heart. About 5 minutes into feeding her, Cube walked in unannounced. "Oh shit, my bad Jay I ain't know you were feeding Londy, I'll-" "No Cube you're fine." He sighed and sat next to me.

"So how does that feel?" I looked up him and slightly shrugged. "It's not the best example but uh pretty much how like it feels when y'all be sucking on us, just a little more painful, you know because carrying around all this milk for nine months hurts like hell." "Oh," he nodded and watched as Londyn stopped eating and pulled away from my chest. I gently lifted her up and put her on my shoulder to burp her. Suddenly Dre appeared eating a bowl of cereal. "Sup Jay," he said and I nodded at him. "What you want Cube?" He asked sitting down. Cube began to explain his problem with Jerry and Eazy.

"Nah that can't be true, Eazy one of us Cube what you saying don't even make sense." Dre was unconvinced. "Nah what don't make sense is Eazy and Jerry eating steak and lobster while we eating McDonald's? That we buying with our own money? That's the shit that don't make sense." Cube snapped and shook his head. "Look man, I hear you but I think we need to ride this wave, you know get past this so we can get to the good part. E ain't gonna let us down Cube believe that." Dre replied. Cube had looked at me and I shrugged not wanting to get involved. Suddenly Dre's pager beeped. "That's my moms man." He said looking at the code..

And that's when tragedy struck..

*Flashback continued*

Although I was never really close to Tyree, I did know him and talked to him sometimes. The guys were all close to him in some form or fashion so when we all walked outside to find Dre on the ground crying and he told us what happened, shit hurt like a motherfucker for them. It hurt me too, especially when Cube revealed that he'd lost a family member too to violence. His sister, she got killed when he was 12 by her own husband in their house only a few blocks away. He'd kept it a secret from all of us except Gina and that's why he was the way he was. And then that's when E had the courage to talk about that fateful night of Cube's birthday back in 83. How the reason he got out the dope game was because it took Q from him. And how he felt guilt over it for 3 years afterwards. He didn't begin to let it go until they started NWA.

As hard as it might be to believe, all of us were crying with Dre. Every single one of us...

They ended up detouring to go back to LA for the funeral. After the funeral we didn't see much of Dre, he disappeared into the limo and took off for God knows where. In the meantime, Eazy and I managed to turn a negative day into a good one. We went to see my mother who was thrilled to see us, because she hadn't seen me in almost a year and Eazy in almost 3. But she knew I was pregnant and when she saw Londyn for the first time, she fell in love. "Look at all that hair! And this cheekbones!" She had cooed at the baby who just laughed and kicked like she always do. She has E's personality, just straight goofy and never taking anything seriously. "Thank you for my newest grandbaby, y'all make some pretty babies." She said smiling that gorgeous smile of hers.