Sympathy...

May 4th, 1992- Janet's POV

I slowly rolled over and opened my eyes. It was 11 in the morning, I can't even remember the last time I slept in this late. I rolled over onto the opposite side of the bed before laying on my back and sitting up. I stretched out my arms and sighed happily. I felt really refreshed and ready to take on the day. It was a Monday so it was really funny how I managed to feel so alert. I slowly made my way into the bathroom and ran the water to make it hot. It warmed up enough for me and I began to do my business.

I walked down the stairs to find Tupac in the living room. He glanced up at me from the TV and smiled. "Good morning." I smiled back and went to meet him halfway for a hug. "I see last night was the shit, it's the latest I've seen you sleep in a long time." I laughed and pulled up the strap of my white silk pajama nightgown. "It was really nice, I enjoyed it." I replied still smiling. I looked at the TV behind him to see that he was looking at Yo MTV Raps and rolled my eyes chuckling to myself. Then I looked up to see him just staring at me. "What?" I chuckled and he didn't smile he just continued to caress my cheek. "Janet...I know even though we've been together for a few months now, I feel like you trust me." "I do." I said after a minute.

"I'm glad...and you should know that everything you've told me I have never disclosed to anyone nor will I ever because it's nothing for anyone to know." I nodded. "And I don't know how to say this to you but...not only do I love you ..I think I'm in love with you." My eyes widened. "I wanted to say it so bad last night but I couldn't because I know it was too soon. It probably still is but I can't hold it much longer. I just want to be with you, I just want to be the one to make you smile not cry. You shouldn't have to want for any more than what you deserve to want for. And I'm going to be the one to make sure that happens. I know you love your job but that's all you have to do I promise. Just wake up and do what you love and everything else will be my responsibility. I love you that damn much girl I swear I do. You just have to tell me one thing.."

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "You have to tell me you love me too." I couldn't believe this shit, here this man stood pouring out his emotions and love to me like I had never heard before and I don't know what to say. I want to say I love Pac but it's only been a few months and while he's been extremely good to me and my daughter, I don't know if I want to deal with another relationship that could go sour. So I just continued to stare at him speechless. "Say something Jay, please say something." He begged me and I just couldn't. I looked over at the TV and saw that there was breaking news. And when I saw what the news was, my heart dropped.

The TV had footage of Eric being pulled out of an ambulance on a stretcher and being taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Centers in downtown LA. It said in big red letters "Rapper Eazy E rushed to the hospital after a violent car crash." I was in shock. "What's wrong what you looking at?" Pac asked me and I just kept looking at the TV. "I gotta go." I said simply as I grabbed a jacket and some slides. "Go what you mean go?" Pac was genuinely confused because he was focused on me not the TV. "Where are you going?!" He yelled. "I'm sorry Pac but I have to go!" I ran out the door and got in my car headed for downtown.

...

I came here by myself but I ran into Yella who had rushed here when he heard the news. And Tomica was fucking here too. The nurse was talking to us. "Well we managed to get the bullets out but when the car crashed, it badly damaged his legs and his left arm and it rendered him unconscious. He's still out right now, if things go bad we need to know if we should resuscitate-" "Hold up what do you mean if things go bad?" "I should just be real with you, the car crash really messed him up and he's still in a coma. Am I talking to the spouse?" I got ready to speak bit Tomica interrupted me. "I'm soon to be, are you saying that he won't be able to walk?" "Well for a while yes, both legs were severely injured and he will need sufficient care if he wakes up. Should we resuscitate?" "If he doesn't wake up... then no." Tomica said and I got pissed. "Wait a second." "Excuse me?" She snapped.

"I'm sorry these decisions are usually left to the spouse." The nurse interrupted but Yella spoke up. "Nah they just started the process of a divorce it's not finalized. Legally she's still his wife." He stood up for me. "Then what should we do ma'am?" "Anything and everything you can." I snapped and the nurse nodded. "You are so fucking hateful." Tomica said and I glared at her. "If he wakes up what point of life is there for that man if he can't walk?" "Did you not heat her say if?" I growled and she glared at me. "Why the fuck are you here?" I got angry and charged at her but Yella grabbed me before I could and she walked away. "Why the fuck are you here?! Let me go Yella!" And he did.

...

I sat in the room with Eric and I watched as he had the machines breathing for him. I had been there all day and night and I had called Pac and told him not to wait up for me. As the night turned into the next morning, I realized he'd been in a coma for almost two days. I truly wondered why am I here. I sit here saying that I know it's the right thing to do but I want to hate him and beat the shit out of him. I want to see him suffer like he made me suffer. But then as I watch him, all I feel is sympathy.

All of a sudden, I saw him open his eyes and he looked around confused. "Eric?" I asked and then the doctor came in. "Hi, we're surprised and happy he made it through." "Can he feel anything?" I asked. "Mr. Wright, it's Dr. Mason. I want you to blink if you can feel this." He ran a butter knife across Eric's foot and he did nothing except stare hatefully at me, showing that he couldn't feel anything. He was paralyzed, and now I would be taking care of him.

Like/comment. More to come.