Could This Be Love?...

April 28, 1992- Janet's POV

It was now 1992 and it had been over a year since I lost Brooklyn and what I thought would be the end of my life. But it turns out it was for the best. After this past Christmas Eve that I cried in Pac's arms in the mall and finally let my grief out, things began to take an entirely new turn. I let Pac into my home and he met Londyn again. It took some time for her to get used to him as well as realize that even though her daddy would be around, he would only be around for her. Daddy and Mama wouldn't be around each other anymore unless it was absolutely necessary and or critical.

I didn't explain it to her in those exact terms because she still really young. One day I will though. And Pac and I are now looking to take the next step into our relationship which was moving together. Well actually he was looking to take that step, I don't know how to feel because I don't even know if I care for the nigga like that. I do care about him but am I really ready to fully commit to another man like that? It wouldn't be impossible, simply because Pac is different from E. Even though Eric could be open and sweet, it wasn't often that he would. This was even before the fame changed him into a monster that I didn't know. I was his best friend and even though, aside from his mother, I would be the one to see his nice side, I wouldn't see it often.

Pac was something else. Ever day since I let him into my life, he's been concerned about my well being. Been worried about how I'm doing, tries his best to make me happy. Even though his album had just dropped a few months ago and I told him he need to be focused on that, he told me every time that his shit was straight and that he was trying to help make mine straight. All he wanted to do was help me out and make me happy. And I think I'm going to try my best to let him in.

Right now I was writing down some lyrics for my upcoming album. I was planning for it to come out next year to coincide with the movie coming out next year. Poetic Justice was the name of it and we're starting shooting later in the year, probably in May is what John was saying. The cast was wonderful, I'm getting to do my first film with Gina. Ever since Boyz N The Hood blew up, she's been a go to girl and when John decided to cast us as best friends in this movie it was the ideal thing. We won't even need to rehearse that. And Pac, well he was my love interest. Funny how I'm dealing with him in real life, maybe that's supposed to mean something. I just don't know what though.

I put my notepad down and got up to go get dressed. Today was the final hearing that I had with Eric for our divorce. After this, we would be on our way to being divorced. It was just take forever for it be finalized. With this shit going on with my personally and the overall climate in LA right now with the Rodney King trial coming to a close probably tomorrow, it's not good times right now. And I'm desperate for some.

...

"He can have everything." I told Judge Clemons firmly. "Your honor can I have a minute to converse with my client?" My lawyer, Sylvia, asked the judge and I shook my head. "It's fine." I glanced at Eric who had a blank look on his face. "Are you sure Mrs. Wright?" I flinched when she called me "Mrs. Wright." I nodded. "Yes, as long as he agrees to pay my lawyer's fees and we share custody of our daughter...he can have all his money and the house. He can have it all." I could see Eric smirking as Judge Clemons began to talk again. "Alright then, Mr. Wright will retain ownership of all said properties and there will be no alimony granted. Mr. Wright will pay Mrs. Wright's attorney fees and do you agree to joint custody of your child Mr. Wright?" Clemons asked and Eric looked up at her.

"Yes mam." He said simply before chuckling under his breath. "So be it then, divorce will be granted upon signatures from both parties in 30 days. Court is adjourned." The judge banged the gavel and I sighed. "Do you have any idea what you just did." Sylvia asked me and I smiled. "Yes." Eric suddenly walked past the table we were sitting at and shook her head. "Smart choice." I just continued to stare at him as one of his friends from Ruthless walked past him and patted his shoulder. "Really smart choice." He laughed and nodded then walked past me. I smiled to myself though, because I knew I made the right choice.

...

I walked into my house to find it dark. I looked around confused. "Pac?" I asked. "Are you in here?" I walked into the living room to see candles lit everywhere and rose petals covering the couch and floor. "Pac what's going o-" I was cut off when I turned around and saw my table candlelit with a bottle of wine  and a bouquet of white roses on the table. I watched speechless as Pac came in sitting down two plates. He finally looked up at me and smiled. "You're home. I uh wanted to do a little something for you." He came over and placed my purse down on the counter. He led to my chair and sat me down. I continued to watch as he poured wine into my glass and he sat down himself.

We began to eat and the food was amazing, I can't deny that. "You made this?" I asked and he chuckled. "Well yeah but I had a little guidance from your mom. I called and asked for a little help." I smiled and nodded. After a little more silence and he broke it. "Janet can I just be honest here?" I looked at him and nodded. "I... I think I love you." My eyes widened a little, I hadn't heard that since...well Eric. "I know it might be a little soon but... you've been through so much...and it's touched me so much. I know you're a good woman and a good person I want to bring that out. I want to make you happy every single day that I see you walk through that door." I couldn't help but stare at him I was so shocked but happy all the same.

"I swear Jay I have it so bad for you you don't understand. I'll go the extra mile for you. Anything. It's like..." He paused for a second then reached over and grabbed my hands. "I just want you to just wake up in the morning and that's it. That's how much I love you." I could feel the tears welling up and he stood up and walked over to my side, taking my hand. I stood up and looked down at my feet. He lifted my chin and we were staring into each other's eyes. He leaned in and kissed me. I felt something light and fuzzy in my soul as he kissed me harder. Somehow out of pure pain, I managed to find a good thing. Like a pearl, they do say it takes pressure to make one. I guess Tupac is my pearl. He slowly began to take off my blouse and I let him. I even felt my hands taking off his shirt.

He continued to kiss me and he lifted me up and began carrying me to my room. Of course, you all know what happened after that. And I think it was well deserved and needed. We both needed it, it felt so good and so right. I think maybe this could be love...

Like/comment. More to come.