Changes...

Janet's POV- March 1990

"Things are getting worse! We have to make it better!!" I sang into my mic then held it out to the crowd. "It's time to give a damn let's work together!" They yelled back and I smiled. "Come on now!" I went back to dancing with my two female backup dancers for this part of the song and we were slowly building up to the breakdown of the song. We went through the chorus one more time and then moved back up into the dance group. "Break it down," I spoke and the band began to play the beat and my dancers and I did the dance routine.

The crowd was screaming and I was loving every minute of it. It was like this was the one true place I could truly let go and be myself, it's now that I understand why Michael loves the stage so much. I stopped letting my mind wander as we finished up the song and froze in the position that we did in the video as the music stopped abruptly. The crowd went crazy. "Thank you Philly I love you!!" I screamed and they screamed they loved me too. I continued waving as I walked off stage.

When I got into the wings and eventually back stage, I was completely covered in sweat but it was worth it because the people loved the show. And if they loved it, then that was all that mattered, I absolutely love my fans. Lauren came running up to me. "Here girl," she said handing me a towel. "Thanks." I took it and wiped my face in it. "You really did the damn thing out there." She complimented me and I thanked her. A lot has happened since we entered into 1990.

Cube is gone from the group. He told me if I wanted to keep living with him and Gina, he wouldn't have a problem with it because he didn't view me in a negative light. Hell despite the terrible fight that him and E had where they both did serious damage to each other trust me, he still didn't have too many hard feelings towards him. But he said if I continued to live there, what he didn't want or need was Eric showing up at any given time and wanting to fuck up his household because I was still there so I had to make a choice. And it hurt I'm not gonna lie, because Cube and Gina had been very good to me allowing me to stay there, but I respected how he felt. So I decided to move.

And yes if you're wondering I moved in with Eric in his brand new mansion in Calabasas. At first I was just going to move in on my own and take care of Londyn myself before going to court and petitioning for E to just get visitation rights and shit. Because I wanted Londyn to have love from her father in her life, because I know what's it's like to not have love from my father and I wouldn't want the cycle to repeat itself. I told Cube and Gina about it the next morning and neither of them had any comment. When I asked why, they simply replied that they couldn't involve themselves with the way E and I decided to raise Londyn, especially since neither of them were parents. I would just have to roll the dice and see what happens.

So because I hadn't gotten my money from Jerry, I just checked into a hotel for the time being. And I was only there for a day and a night when all of a sudden I had heard a knock at my door..

*Flashback*

I continued to listen intently to the knocking on the door. I looked to my baby who was sound asleep in her bassinet. Once I was sure of that, I went under my pillow and grabbed my blade. I didn't have a gun just yet but I was working on getting one. If you're wondering why I mean I was almost raped and got backhanded in the same fucking day, you'd be paranoid too. So I crept up to my door and unlocked it and opened it. And I raised my blade to strike but then I seen Eric's slimeball face. He stared cross eyed at the blade and then back at me.

"Hey Jay," he said softly. "It's Janet," I replied sharply. "And what the fuck are you doing here Eric?" He sighed and looked over my shoulder at Londyn before letting himself in my goddamn room. "Baby girl asleep?" He asked gazing at her. "Yeah she is so therefore you have no purpose here get out." And that's when he looked up at me and seen me pointing to the door. He slowly but surely began to walk past me and I couldn't lie I had chills of fear going through my body as he passed me. And he was halfway past me when all of a sudden he grabbed me and pressed all his body weight on me and we fell back on to the bed and he was on top of me.

"Eric get off of me!" I yelled and he stayed. "Janet I-" "Fucking save it I don't wanna hear anything from you get off of me!" I tried pushing but he draped himself over me. "Jay please, I'm sorry." I stopped struggling and glared up at him to see his eyes glossed over with sadness and slight tears. "I came to tell you I'm sorry, for hitting you and for fucking that bitch. I messed up okay. Please.." I still found the strength to push him off and he rolled over onto the other side of the bed. I sat up and then stood. "Get out Er-" I couldn't even finish because I felt pressure around my legs. I looked down to see him on his knees with his arms around my bottom half and him looking up at me.

"Please I'm sorry. I'll do better, I will. Because I love you with all my heart and I promise I won't be the man I've been so far." I wanted to kick him off of me so bad, but Lord knows I love this man and also I want him around for our child. I pulled him up and he looked at me making sure it was okay for him to lean in. I didn't object, so he did and kissed me. I kissed back but didn't dare sleep with him that night though...

*Present Time*

It's been 4 months since then and I've been on my own tour for two months now. Rhythm Nation went multi platinum and became one of the fastest selling albums ever. Of course I wasn't up there with Mike who had since come out with Bad but it still felt good to have success of my own. I got also finally got my money just like the guys did and we all the same idea in mind, start on a new album immediately. But they're starting theirs now, I was going to finish my tour and then start mine.

All these things were going through my head as Lauren was telling me the next arenas I would be playing here in Philly before moving on to the next city, how many wins I had at the American Music Awards which was 2 nights ago. I had won 3 which was a blessing. She also told me Gina called as well as Sharon and they had nothing but good wishes for me. But then as we entered my dressing room, she told me something that I didn't really see coming. "Eric called not too long ago." Every thought going through my head stopped and there was nothing but quietness for a second before I replied. "What?"

She looked up from her clipboard. "Eric called not too long ago. I told him you were still on stage and he said to tell you call him back." I nodded and she returned the nod before leaving to get something. I decided to take that opportunity to call Eric even though I sure as hell didn't want to. I picked up the phone and dialed his number, he picked up on the first ring almost as if he'd been waiting for my call. "Hey baby-" I attempted a sweet interaction but so much for that. "Where you been? Why can't you answer when a nigga call you?" I shrugged. "E I was on stage I can't call while I'm singing." He scoffed. "I called during your last set, you should've been off the stage."

I shook my head. "Is there something specific you wanted Eric?" He doesn't even respond to when I call him Eric anymore and not Eazy, it's like he preferred me to call him Eric these days. "Don't be asking me fucking questions, you know what I don't even wanna talk to your ass anymore." "Wait, how's my baby?" I asked before he could do his routinely hang up in my face. "She's fine." He said sharply before hanging up. I sighed before I putting the phone down. Lauren returned with my bodyguard, indicating that it was time to go. I slipped on my sunglasses and followed out the door.

There was a crowd of screaming fans that I had to go through before getting to the limo. "Janet, Janet Janet!" They were screaming and I sighed a few autographs and took a few pictures putting on my gleaming white fake celebrity smile for them because on the real I was hurting like crazy. We finally got into the limo and drove off to my hotel. "So what Eazy say?" Lauren asked as she fixed my hair. I sighed in frustration. "What he always says," I replied and she nodded. It's as if some days he cares, and then most days he doesn't. But no matter what day it is, what's clear is that he has changed...

This is the next chapter guys. Next chapter will be up soon. Like/comment. More to come.