Must Come to the Light...

November 30,1989

Janet's POV

"So please explain to me why you came to tell me this?" I was sitting in Mike's large upscale living room. Since he moved down to the Valley, he upped his living arrangements two fold but I haven't been able to see him as much, especially after I had little one. But today I decided to make the trip down to talk to him, especially since he's kinda the one who incited this shit. Yes, I'm talking about Clyde. I haven't spoken to him or thought anything of him that day that bitch showed up at Cube and Gina's door. I didn't care for the nigga then, but he should've been honest that yeah he was trying to get with me the entire time, whether they was together or not don't incriminate me.

But I don't have too many sediments for her ass, or rather I should say Kai ass, because I found out that it was indeed her who showed up at the fucking place where the boys had their kickoff concert. And she basically threatened me. Then she showed up at my doorstop as you already know but then she also showed up at my Rhythm Nation video shoot! I've officially shot all my music videos except "Escapade" because I wanted to wait until the boys returned to do that one here in LA and "Rhythm Nation" was the last one I had shot. At the end of it I thanked all of the crew and was ready to get my baby and return home when I seen her. Standing at the top of the stairs hovering over the set, and glaring down at me with bloodshot red eyes and an evil ass smirk.

I knew Clyde was her ex or whatever, but what does that have to do with me I never touched that motherfucker. So in the midst of getting ready to fire him and replace him with Lauren,I decided to talk to Michael to see if he knew anything because frankly speaking he's the one who hired this nigga for me in the first place. He stared at me as I complained. "Janet," he said in a gruff voice. "I want to say so badly that I don't need this right now because I'm dealing with so much but since you're my little sister and everything, I don't want to leave you hanging...but either way no I have no idea what the fuck is going on." He stated simply and I rolled my eyes.

"Michael you're the one who hired him for me!" I yelled and he continued to stare at me. "Yeah because I was doing you a favor, Gina and Sharon couldn't do it and Lauren didn't want to leave the States so they were out. So I went looking and he just so happened to show up saying he wanted a job. And since you needed an assistant ASAP I gave it to him." He replied. "But granted I don't give shit out without doing some kind of background research and yeah he has a gang banging past." I frowned. "What gang he used to run with?" "I don't know for sure but it's some division of the Crips. He had a few priors but he no worse than E and that nigga is self made." I chuckled, if the world knew this is how Mike truly talked half the population would have a heart attack.

"So how was he a Crip but he attached to a snotty Baldwin Hills chick?" Mike smacked his lips. "Again not my business but you know them rich girls love soldiers." I nodded agreeing. "I don't know why he acted like he won't all about this bullshit when he was trying to fuck with me." Michael rolled his eyes. "You ever think it's because he wanted to replace Eric?" I frowned. "The fuck you mean?" I asked and he smirked. "I mean think about the parallels, they were both some Crips and quit around the same time, and they both fucked around with little well to do girls from around the way, except you a little more..you know adapt to your surroundings." He stated and I just sighed.

He smiled at Londyn who was bouncing in her jumper I had brought with us. "That girl never sleeps does she? That's a little gem you have Jay. I-" "Mike!" I hissed. "Focus!" He sighed. "Alright, well that's all I can say Jan, I know he used to be in a gang and shit before I hired him for you. I understand if you're ready to fire him and that's cool. I know nothing about this girl who's basically stalking you what I just told you were theories I guess you could say."

I was honestly ready to go, not because Mike was annoying but because he made so much sense. He was always a smart alec, and almost never wrong so why shouldn't I think about what he's saying, even if he's not for sure. "Well how do you think Clyde knows Cube but not Eric?" I asked and he again raised his eyebrow. "He said I didn't really need to know but he said him and Cube go way back. And I figured out where Clyde lives and him and Cube literally grew up on the same block." Mike's eyes widened a little but enough to tell you he wasn't fazed. "And when I went to London for those two days to film "Come Back to Me" with E, I talked to both Ren and Yella and they said that of all the girls they seen on that damn tour, the weirdest one was this girl with a bob haircut and skimpy ass clothing and Cube acted real weird around her, like he seen her before." Mike nodded.