I Think We Can Get Along...

Eric's P.O.V

After our moms left us alone, I began to feel really nervous around this girl. I had a level of confidence that I had worked up to be gangata level. I had never been nervous or felt weirded out by a girl. But it was something about Janet that was just...different...

"So..." I tried to start off,watching as she put the cake in the refrigerator. But not before she took a quick steal of it. She whipped it up with her finger and put it in her mouth. "Mmm, this is good!" She muttered as she licked her finger clean. I smirked, I knew she would like it. "Thanks my mama is the best cook in Compton, you want something fresh, get it from her." I said proudly.

She licked the excess off of the side of her mouth, causing me to bite my lip. She was so damn pretty it made no sense. I was staring for a while I guess because next thing I knew she was snapping her fingers in my face. "Hey! Eric!" She yelled and I snapped out of my trance.

"What? Huh?" I stammered and she giggled. "Uh, thanks for the compliment, even though you cursed saying it." I almost choked on the breath I was taking. "I said that sh-, it, aloud?" I asked and she nodded. "Well I'm sorry about the cursing, but you are pretty for real."

Her face turned beet red and she looked away. I took a deep breath and lifted her head up with my finger. "You're welcome." I smiled and she smiled back, moving her hair out of her eye. "So...what do you do for fun around here?"

                            ...

"So that's the neighborhood for you." I had just spent the last hour or so showing her around the place. The only place left was the basketball court which was right across from our houses. Janet saw it and tugged on my sleeve. "Hey is that a basketball court?" She asked, her beautiful eyes lighting up with eagerness.

I glanced over at it and smirked. "Yeah you tryna play?" I asked,hoping she'd say yes. I was the best player on the block. Probably in all of L.A, except for this little homie from around the way. His name was O'Shea but everybody call him Cube, Ice Cube. But he wasn't around, he'd probably be through later today, so this was the perfect time for us to really get to know each other.

She looked back at me and gave me the same smirk. "Yeah, I'm down if you down." Her Gary accent came to the surface and I just bit my lip at it. "Aight, let's go, let me see what you got." We walked over to the court and I picked up the ball. "Alright, check." I gave her the ball and she started off.

Most people I played with didn't even know how to dribble, much less guard or shoot, but this girl knew what was up. She guarded that ball and shot it like a pro. "1 zip," She smirked and chuckled as I looked at the ball in her hands in disbelief. "Come on, turn it out." She passed it to me and I started to go for the net.

Janet tried to block but I went around and tried again for the net. Then just as I was about to shoot it, she came out of nowhere and stole it away, shooting it. "Damn shorty," I panted and her smile got bigger,I think she was really getting used to me. "Alright one shot," she gave me the ball. I did a jump shot and got my first point. She clapped mockingly for me. "Alright that's cute baby, but it's still 2 to 1, 2 to 1." She pinched my cheek and I smacked my lips.

We both looked down at the ball in my hands. She tried to grab it but I quickly threw it into the net. "Mhmm, yeah now what baby girl." I got in her face and grabbed her waist. "2 to 2, whatcha gotta say now." I pulled her kinda close and she playfully wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I gotta say... Point." She pulled away and grabbed the ball. She ran to the other side of the court,trying to make a beeline for the net. "Oh she thinks she's slick." I smirked and got ready to really give her a surprise. She dribbled the ball, staying low. I had to admit that she was good, but if she thought she was as good as the E, she got another thing coming.

She went around me and I let her get close to the net and just as she got ready to shoot the ball, I came from behind and tackled her to the grass out of bounds. She screamed as I mounted myself on top of her and held the ball. "Foul! Foul!" She laughed under me as I tickled her sides.

I laughed with her and looked into her eyes. I had given her another bruise and it was above her eyebrow. "Oh Janet my bad I don't why I keep hurting you." She touched her eyebrow and I got ready to get off of her when she suddenly pulled me back on top of her.

"It's okay, I'm used to you now. Besides they'll heal." She smiled her gleaming while smile and touched the bruise again. "I'll wear them as battle scars from you." I grinned and stood up, pulling her up with me. "Where did you learn how to play like that, Cheeky?" I asked and she laughed. "Cheeky?" She asked and I pinched her chubby cheeks.

"That's gonna be my new nickname for you lil mama, if you like it." She grinned and nodded. "I like it and my brothers taught me how to play." "Is that how you learn how to be so rough?" She nodded instantly. "When you grow up with 6 older brothers, it's either square up or get held down and burped all over. I decided it'd be best if I went with the first one." I laughed, I was seriously feeling this girl. "I think we can get along just fine," I said to her and she agreed.

"Janet!" I heard one of her brothers yell across the street. We both looked up to see it was her brother Mike. "Come on girlie, you got school in the morning!" He yelled. Janet looked back at me. "We go to the same school now right?" I nodded." Yeah trust me, I'll let you know what's up." She smiled. "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow Eric." "Okay bye Cheeky." I kissed her cheek and she jetted, her face beet red.

I saw Mike touch her eyebrow and laugh before turning around and throwing up the peace sign to me. I threw it back and then my moms walked up to me. "I see you and Janet hit it off." "Yeah," I smiled as we went into the house. "Hey mama," I decided to ask before I made my plan official tomorrow.

"Yes sweetie?" "You aight with me having a girlfriend?" "She laughed. "Well I don't see why not, good luck finding one out here though." I smiled slyly, oh I had found her alright, and her name was Janet...

Hey guys!! So I decided to keep the story going! You guys gave me a lot of love when I asked if I should continue. So because of that love, I'm continuing. Hope you liked this chapter! Like/comment!! More to come!! Love you guys!! ❤❤