"I'm Sorry..."

*2 months later- September 7, 1983*

Janet's P.O.V

I was walking back to my dorm, honestly tired as all hell. I've been hella busy these last two months. It took about 3 hours nonstop on a plane to get here. I moved in with my grandma on my mom's side until it was time for orientation which was a week later.

Between getting comfortable at my grandma's house until moving day, gathering all the shit I would need for class, and constant long distance calls from either Gina or the guys during the day, and Cube, who was now in Phoenix, at night, I honestly haven't had any time for myself at all.

My major is believe it or not, creative writing. Even though I've always been surrounded by music my entire life and am now the sister of a legend. Ever since Mike released Thriller, he hasn't been so easy to contact, but he makes all the time he can for me so I can't complain.

But even though my family are music mavens and my friends are very much on their way to show biz success, it's for that main reason I want to be different. I don't want to have my life be captured and put on display by cameras and shit. I want to live my life doing what I wanna do and having fun doing it.

And I've been writing poetry since I was about 5, I mean when you're living in a dysfunctional household like I was and all you have is your siblings and they're not around, what else you gonna do? Because I refused to become destructive. When E came into my life, my poetry gradually become lighter in subject. But after he left it the way he did, it's gone back to its original dark tone. So shit why not turn a hobby into my profession?

My move in day was in early September and my roommate's name is Briana (my actual roommate's name) and we hit it off immediately, she reminded me a little of Regina. But I know Regina not gonna like her though. But Briana saw a picture of me and Cube and instantly became smitten. She was so disappointed when I told her he was taken.

I hadn't mentioned Eazy yet because it was too complicated. Eazy... I haven't heard from him since I left and honestly I've been doing all I can do forget about him but just can't shake him. I want him to come back to me...

...

It was 10:00 at night when I stumbled into my room and dropped all my things at my desk. Briana wasn't in and I wasn't surprised. She was honestly quite the party girl but somehow managed to always get her work done on time. Nah that ain't me. Besides I have three essays, a project and a test to study for this extra class I took up, so even if I wanted to party I couldn't.

But none of that shit mattered, it was Friday and I was gonna enjoy my weekend I had plenty of time to start all that shit Monday since that's my class free day. Just as I began to nod off, my phone rang. I groaned, it's probably Cube. He usually calls around this time. Or maybe even Ren, ever since he got that job he applied for, he's been getting in later in the day.

I didn't even bother to look at the caller ID when I picked it up. "Hello?" I said drowsily. "Cheeky?" I knew that voice and that nickname anywhere. Only one person on the planet called me that and he was the only one that was allowed to.

"Hi Eric." I said shortly. "Wow I'm not Eazy anymore?" He chuckled but not for long. "You ain't talked to me and supported me like Eazy. So why would I call you Eazy?" I snapped back. He sighed. "Jan baby I called to make things right. I'm really sorry." I smacked my lips. "No seriously, I'm sorry for reacting the way I did, for not being there to see you off, for not calling over these past two months. For worrying more about me and my feelings than about you and how we can work it out while still allowing you to follow your dreams."

I could hear him inhale deeply and I sat up. My heart was beating hard and I felt myself get warm all over. It had been so long since I'd heard from him and for the first thing to hear from him be an apology, it felt damn good. "I love you Cheeky baby, I'm really sorry. And I wanna work things out." I sighed. "E you know I love you, I always will and we've been through so much that our friendship will never die, but our relationship might need a little work in terms of solidity."

"I understand I'm willing to do anything to make you understand I love you...I love the bracelet. I wear it everyday." I smiled showing all my teeth. "And I still wear the ring. Maybe it's time we see each other again soon." I could hear the excitement in his voice. "Yeah really soon." "You guys have only experienced snow once right?" I smirked. "Yeah why?"

"There ain't nothing like an Indiana snow baby. When it snows it snows. Get the gang rounded up and come to Gary for Christmas." "Cheeky ain't nobody got no money for a-" "Nigga yes the fuck you do and you know it!" I could feel him mean mugging me through the phone but he know it's true, he and I both know he got money.

"But Mike's been asking me what I wanted as a "congrats" gift, I'm sure he won't mind paying for y'all flights. But all y'all niggas gonna have to pay for y'all lodging and any shit y'all wanna buy." "Fine I just wanna see you it's a deal. I'll tell them muthafuckas tomorrow." He responded and I giggled. "We'll I'm gonna let you go because I know you're like 3 hours ahead of us. So night Cheeky I love you." I smiled. "Love you too, and one more thing." "What?" "Happy birthday Eazy, I didn't forget nor would I ever."

He laughed. "Thanks goodnight." I hung up and screamed internally. I grabbed my notebook and began writing.

My abandoned heart
Just doesn't understand
My undying love for you
Won't let me wait
Come back to me
I'm begging you please
How I want you to
Come back to me
I'm begging you please
Please come back to me...
I miss you so much...

Okay guys that time skip was huge right! But it was worth it because E and Janet finally talked and worked it out!! Next chapter will be coming out soon!! Like/comment!! More to come!!!