Too Much Yet Too Little...

2 months later- April 14, 1989

Eazy's POV

We had been in LA for about a week now. I wanted to come back early enough so that I wouldn't be caught off guard if Shawna went into labor early. We were all cooped up in a Holiday Inn not too far from Compton actually. I didn't want to draw too much attention because as soon as Shawna gave birth, we were gonna be out to get back on the road. Supposed to be in Atlanta and moving up the East coast. Which was strange to me because I never thought niggas would listen to us up there like we listen to them.

But I felt like a dumbass because while I'm trying to keep shit under wraps while I'm here right now, I can't ignore the fact that I'll be right back in this bitch in June for Bernice to have Raven. If I don't stop acting like a fool, Janet sure as hell gonna find out and kick my ass to the curb. Which I can't let her do. Because not only do I love her and want her to be my wife, she's having my baby. "Nigga who is you in here talking to?" I jerked my head up to see Cube standing in the doorway looking at me like I'm crazy.

I sighed heavily. "Bring your ass on in here." I grunted and he did so, closing the door behind him. I waited until he sat in front of me on the other couch to start interrogating him. "First off why you standing up there watching a nigga? Like is this some I Spy shit?" Cube rolled his eyes. "Nigga please, I got better things to do than to deliberately stand there and watch you talk to yourself." I gave him a pointed look. "And besides I just literally walked up to the door a second before I said something. I would've spoke sooner but when all I seen you doing was muttering to yourself rocking side to side, I just had to figure out what the hell was wrong with you."

I nodded. "You know, besides everything else that's wrong with your crazy ass." He just had to add and I sighed, not even feeling up to coming back at him like I normally would. "What's up? Is it still the whole Shawna thing?" He asked and I nodded. "When she supposed to have the baby? Because I know you said you want one of us there." I shrugged. "They said tomorrow, but take it from me, babies come when they wanna come." Cube frowned. "For real?" He asked innocently and I smirked. It was funny because it was no secret that Cube was the smartest out of all us even though he was the youngest.

And yet here he was asking me questions like a little kid. I felt like his actual older brother at the moment. "Yes Cube, they do. Erica was supposed to be born in November but she came a whole two weeks ahead of time." He nodded. "But I hope that Sharon comes on time though." "Why because you don't want none of these bitches to kick your ass?" He joked and I scoffed. "Please these bitches wish they could kick my ass." Cube looked at me sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"I want Sharon to come on time so we can get out of here. Do you know so many of the homies done found out I'm here and been trying to ask all kinds of questions and shit? And then I gotta be back here in June? Shit is fucked up." "Well E, you know all of this could've been avoided if you could just keep your dick in your pants." Cube said patting me on the shoulder. As if that's gonna do shit for me. I smacked my lips. "Fuck off me nigga. You know I can't do that shit! It's wrong I know but damn it I love pussy!" I yelled and buried my head into my hands.

Cube merely raised an eyebrow. "So? I love pussy too but you don't see me freaking out because I can't get my dick wet for another 3 months." I stared at him, wanting an explanation on how he manages to do that. I guess he read my mind because he sighed heavily. "Look E, my philosophy is as simple as this, just ask yourself this question. Which will you do you better in the long run: getting your dick wet every day now by random bitches who you don't even know, much less love or getting it wet every day in the near future with the one you do love?" He left it at that and stood up.

"I had some shit to ask you but forget it, it can wait. But seriously, think about that man. Not to mention, in y'all relationship, Janet is the better looking one and she can creep around just the fuck like you can. And you'll probably never know about it." With that he left me there. I was so amazed by what Cube said that I barely heard the phone in front of me ring. In a daze I pulled up the antenna and answered. "Wassup?" I asked still in my thoughts. "Yo E baby, I'm in labor. Hurry yo black ass up!" Shawna screamed weakly into the phone then she hung up. I was still deep in thought so I didn't even have the right piece of mind to tell her I wasn't her baby. I just stood and exited the room, with what Cube told me fresh and heavy on my mind...