Everything Boils Over...

Cube's POV- December 1, 1989

I'm sick of everything and everybody, I was thinking as I was performing in front of all the screaming fans. Even though I was putting in work like I do every performance, things ain't the same. As I finished my verse of "Straight Outta Compton" and Ren jumped into his, I looked at him and around at all the guys and wondered how we have all this chemistry as a group on stage and in the studio, yet in our personal relationships and friendships with each other, there's none. And that goes for our entire group of friends in general.

Maybe it could potentially be because we all got into relationships with each other. But that couldn't be it because the only relationship that was suffering was E and Janet's. Which I feel sympathy for, but don't have time to worry about. I jumped out of the thoughts to listen to E finish up his verse of the song and the beat bumped as I started yelling to the crowd. It was our last song of the concert and technically our last performance of the tour because tomorrow we're going back to LA. Where I could be reunited with Gina once again. I swear I love that girl so much, a nigga may be young but I know for a fact that she's the one I wanna spend the rest of my life with.

As I stepped off the stage covered in sweat, Ren was next to me trying to talk to me. "Wassup Cube?" He asked and I glared at him. "What?" I asked because I truly didn't know what the hell he wanted, ever since he told me he didn't want to hear shit about my contract situation, I hadn't been talking to him much at all. He been acting like he ain't have a problem with it so why he approaching me now? "You know what, we in public so I'll say what I have to say when we get to the hotel." Ren replied before walking past me. "Whatever nigga," I muttered.

We made it back to the hotel and on the bus, I couldn't help but notice Jerry was looking at me kinda strange. Like he wanted to approach me, but didn't know how to. I was so sick of that motherfucker that truthfully all I wanted to do was bash his fucking teeth in, but I couldn't do that because Eazy slave ass would jump on me and I ain't trying to give him another reason to want to jump on me. Even though the reason he wants to is absolute bullshit. Anyway, we got to the hotel safe and sound and I was ready to go to my room and sleep until 6 am when we had to be back on the bus to go home. But as I was walking past the room next to mine, a hand came out and snatched me inside.

"Yo the fuck is you doing bruh?" I yelled at Ren and he shrugged. "Wassup why we not rocking like we used to?" I cocked my head to the side. "Nigga you know why." I replied and by the way he looked at me, I knew he was finna act stupid. "Is it because of how Eazy feel about you?" He chose his words carefully and I actually smiled showing my teeth and trust me that's rare for me to do. "Nah nigga that ain't why unless you believe that shit which would show what kind of friend you actually are. But either way, you are a shitty support system." I walked past him and he turned toward me sighing, yeah he couldn't play dumb with me.

"Cube it's not that I don't support you, you know I understand where you coming from but we gonna get our contracts and our money. Eazy wouldn't do us dirty like that." "It ain't necessarily Eazy man that's what I'm trying to get through y'all thick ass heads! Jerry is the motherfucking problem and Eazy just far up his ass because he the one that seeing money so he assumes we getting paid too but we not!" I yelled and Ren was silent. "That's why I'm not that mad at that nigga. Nevertheless, I am pissed at what the little shit thinks of me."

"What?" Ren asked and I turned my back to him. I knew he knew but he didn't know I knew. "You know, that he think I fucked that broad and cheated on Gina and that's where I know her from." I heard Ren curse under his breath and that made the shit funnier to me. "Oh yeah," I turned back toward him. "I also know that he thinks I fucked with Janet too." Ren mouth dropped. "How you figure all that?" He asked and my smile grew,not because I was happy but because I was boiling with rage and I found his stupidity enriching.