After The Party (Part 2)...

Regina's P.O.V

The whole day had passed and I had successfully avoided Cube. It's been a hard 3 days doing this, but if you were in my situation, you would understand. We had been best friends for over 4 years now and I just didn't want to lose that. He had helped me get through so much, his parents were like godparents to me and it would kill me to hear him say he doesn't like me back and then things would be become awkward because... I don't think this feeling is gonna go away any time soon.

The bell rang and I dumped my books into my locker in exchange for my basketball uniform that I had to wash and iron out for tomorrow's game. My thoughts went to Janet at that point. I saw Eazy with Tasha's ass this morning in Economics. Then Ren and Sharon told me on their way out to lunch that Eazy had asked her to prom. I almost blew a gasket right then and there.

Janet was pretty much my sister, and I'd known she'd liked E since the minute our 8th grade year started. And I know he felt it when he kissed her at the party. Because of that, I had had no worries about them getting together soon. But now...I just couldn't believe he'd ask out another bitch to prom. The school's biggest slut and his best friend's nemesis at that!

I hope that this doesn't affect the game tomorrow. It's the championship and we're undefeated so far. If we win, this could get me into any college I wanted. And USC is the one on my mind. But then I remember that me and Cube, before all this shit happened, had planned on going to the same college. And then it hit me..we ride the same bus! Shit! I slammed my locker and hurdled through this huge ass crowd of niggas before finally making it outside.

I sighed as the bus pulled up and opened it's doors in front of my face. Then all of a sudden I felt someone grab my shoulder and I turned and sighed in defeat. I looked into his deep brown eyes. God he is so fine...

 God he is so fine

Cube's P.O.V

I closed my locker and looked at the picture of me and the crew that was gonna be put into the yearbook.

In art class, which is the only class we all share, it was announced that we were voted into the book as Best Squad

In art class, which is the only class we all share, it was announced that we were voted into the book as Best Squad. It was a surprise to us all, especially E. But then I remember that we sit right across from the yearbook committee at lunch and we be rapping random stuff and I seen some of them nodding their heads and junk to the rhymes we be spitting. Sometimes I think it would be lit to be a rapper, but that's a small dream with little possibility of coming true.

I was so excited and the first person I was ready to tell was Gina but then I remembered she was ignoring me. I don't know why she acted like she couldn't approach me with this. And I don't mean now, I mean all the way back in 10th grade when it started. We know everything about each other, we're best friends! But maybe that's why she couldn't tell me, because we're best friends...

Well we're about to be more than that. I walked outside and tapped her on the shoulder. Damn she was beautiful, even with her hair all put up like she always had it before a game.

I looked her up and down

I looked her up and down. "Gina," I spoke. She turned and went into the bus. I followed and sat next to her. The bus filled up and pulled off. During the ride, she would steal small glances at me but say nothing. She thought she was slick, that she was gonna be able to beat me off the bus and get to her house. But it wasn't gonna happen. We were gonna talk now or never.

The bus stopped and she rushed off of it. I jumped off the bus, almost fucking up my ankle, and chased after her. I finally grabbed her arm and turned her around. "Regina!" I yelled frustrated. I never called her by her whole name unless I was pissed at her. "What O'Shea?" She never called me by my name unless she was pissed at me. We glared at each other before I sighed.

"Why won't you talk to me?" She finally sighed and plopped down on the sidewalk. "Because..I know you know now..and I didn't want you to tell me that you don't feel the same and then our relationship would never be the same again. Because you're my best friend Shea. On some real shit. You've been there with me through everything and if I lose you...I'll lose myself." She admitted flat out.

I sat down next to her. "Gina...girl look at me." She looked up, tears in her light brown eyes. "It's true we're best friends and that we've been through a lot of shit together. It's also true that I know how you feel now and that our relationship is gonna change." She sighed and looked down. "But what's not true is," I lifted her chin. "That I don't feel the same way." Her eyes widened and I chuckled. "You remember 10th grade winter break, Christmas Eve, when we walked through the park and you sang "My Favorite Things" by the Supremes?" "And then we told each other our favorite things. Yeah I remember, that was the first time in like 30 years that it snowed in L.A." She smiled that beautiful smile.

"Well that was when I started liking you too. Yes I've liked you the same amount of time and I guess that's why I was so oblivious to you liking me. I didn't think you'd ever know." I held her hand. "But when you kissed me at the party... I felt it and I couldn't ignore it anymore, still can't." She sat up and came closer. "So what are you saying?" She asked bluntly.

"I'm saying, Regina René King," I turned to be face to face with her. "Wanna be a thang?" She laughed and nodded. "Yes O'Shea Jackson." We laughed and then looked at each other, our smiles fading. I lifted her chin and kissed her gently. Our tongues swirled and we pulled back. "Damn," we said in unison and she put her hand on my face and brought my lips back to hers. I think it's fair to say we're more than friends now...

Hey guys! I decided to make this chapter about Regina and Cube. I hope you liked it! Next chapter will be coming up soon! Like/comment!! More to come!!!