17

The van stopped next to the small traditional house, Taeyong shivered when he jumped out, took his suitcase, skateboard and backpack then waited for a longer time till he was finally courageous enough to knock. He heard the lock and saw his grandma's round face, her gray hair strings were falling out of her bun.

"Come in," she said, so he slipped through the door.

The house was still the same, like on the day he had left it, the wooden table in the middle of the kitchen made him remember his childhood, the untroubled moments when his mom was still alive. He took a deep breath in sitting down watching the pot collection on the long counter. The kitchen was his grandma's territory the most important place in the house.

"So, I've seen you on TV," she said taking a place across him.

"I've got through to the final," he didn't dare to look up from his hands.

"So you finally decided to use your talents to have a better life. I was waiting for this day," her tone was calm and Taeyong felt his stomach twisting.

"I have nowhere to go and no money, at least as long as I won't win the show," whispered the boy.

"You can stay here for that time under one condition, no stealing!" she raised her voice and he nodded.

"I promise," he whispered risking a quick glance to discover a smile on her face.

The night air on the balcony made him shiver, the wind was playing in his hair while Jaehyun leaned at the barrier and watched the city lights. It was a party on one of the top floors in the city, he liked to play it cool, but he wasn't in the mood for fun. Someone stopped next to him and he sighed seeing Doyoung.

"Sir, I don't think you should choose this boy from the street. It's a good story I agree but it's dangerous. Giuliano would fit to our team to our place," said Doyoung and Jaehyun trembled.

"What do you mean?" he said.

"Honestly sir, the boy is a better cook then you he can threaten your career," Doyoung looked at him seriously.

"The show is called next Jung Jaehyun," Jae got angry.

"But he can kick you of your throne, do you really want to lose everything sir?" Doyoung started to beg.

"I have more money than I can spend in a lifetime why should I care," Jaehyun was trembling from fury.

He heard quick footsteps in heels and saw Maria, in a olive green glittering dress that made her look like a sardine.

"Honey two top designers want a selfie with us," she said and he thought he will start to scream.

"Go ahead I'll join later," Jaehyun tried to sound nice but it turned out angrily.

Maria turned around and left the balcony while Doyoung raised his brows.

"She will spend all your money faster than you can imagine sir," he said hiding a mean grin.

"She has her own money!" Jae clenched his fists.

"Trust me sir she will spend your money," Doyoung kept smiling.

Jaehyun was ready to punch him so he passed him leaving the roof. He reached the lift so soon he was outside on the pavement breathing in the fresh air and fighting with his fury. He had no idea where to go, he needed someone to talk. First he thought about Taeil but then he took his phone out and dialed a different number.

I wanted to thank you for all the support and wish you all a happy Christmas and a nice holiday :)

I hope you like the chapter. What do you think about Taeyong and his grandma speaking again? What do you think Jaehyun will do?

P.S. Don't forget the present on Sunday :)

Much <3