90

He saw how Tiffany and Haechan climbed on the barrier and jumped, he heard them screaming their lungs out and he shivered, Jaemin was whispering something about crazy people while he made photos through the barrier.

Then Jae heard an excited noise, definitely from Haechan and he smiled.

"Ok put them down," said Fabian.

His people started to lower the rope till Haechan and Tiffany landed on the grass next to the river.

They needed to climb the hill to the road that lad to the main car path.

"Ok Jae, ready?" Fabian tapped the boy's shoulder.

Jae swallowed but nodded he gave all the stuff from his pockets to Jaemin.

"Don't kill yourself ok," said Jaemin and Jae nodded.

He went to Fabian who double checked everything then bound the harness around Jae's waist.

The boy shivered when they checked everything again. They helped him climb up the barrier and held him till he was ready to fall. He closed his eyes, said a prayer, thought about his grandma, his mom, and then concentrated on Taeyong's face in his mind when he let go.

He wasn't even aware if he was screaming the speed of the air around him was making the skin on his face flutter, the sounds in his ears and the sweat, the dawn, the dark river moved up to him in a speed tempo. He felt so much fear but also total freedom, he was gravity less like a bird when the rope behind him pulled and he bounced on it, he started sliding through the air and felt the line that was his only connection to the world. He was flying on it between the spans of the bridge above the valley and he screamed loud from excitement moving his hands out like if he had wings. He was yodeling and the valley echoed his voice, while he was slowly placed down and down till his body landed and his knees touched the grass.

He fell on it, rolled over it a few times before he was ready to got out of the loop and let the line go, he took the harness and walked up the river shore in the moonlight while Haechan was shouting to him to be careful because there were stones, that mede it easy to slip and fall. Jae crawled up the hill using his arms and legs to climb and he was out of breath but super happy when he reached the road. Haechan helped him up and they saw a van coming to pick them up. They jumped inside, the van made a u-turn and returned to the bridge. Jae still couldn't believe he had jumped from it when he as sitting inside the warm car.

He got out, thanked Fabian and his crew then he left to his car, he had offered Fabian money, but the guy said he's Haechan's friend and won't charge them tonight, he left wishing them a great day, as it was after 4 a.m. and the first down made the sky on the horizon slightly brighter. Jae came to Haechan and hugged the boy, he did the same to Tiffany and Jaemin, they were all shocked but smiled.

"Thanks it was one of the best nights of my life," said Jae.

"Last part of the plan," Haechan glanced at the list and Jae felt his stomach twisting.

"So jump inside," he said getting into his car.

He started the engine and drove off the bridge back to the city. They were up in the hills so the first daylight reached their car before they came back to civilization. Jae glanced at the kids in his car. All three were sleeping peacefully, Jaemin rolled Jae's jacket up as a pillow while Haechan had his head leaned against the window on the backseat and Tiffany was sleeping on his lap. Jae smiled to himself at this sight while he concentrated on the way back.

 Jae smiled to himself at this sight while he concentrated on the way back

Thank you you are the best readers. It's chapter 90 already I can't believe.

So what do you think about Jae's courage test? What will the last thing he wants to do be?

Much <3