84

The lights in the assembly hall went down and Jae was thankful when he stepped into the room. He noticed Taeyong who was sitting with his grandma, Sicheng, Yuta, Taeil, Emma, Haechan and Tiffany, and Jae's stomach turned.

He wanted to see the boy this one last time. Tomorrow he had the big last bachelor party planned, all his male workers, male TV stars and celebrities invited. A whole club was booked for the night, and he had overhead Ten talking about the stripper girls troupe who were the stars of the evening and Jae shivered. He has never been into girls. One person decided to lean off his invitation to the party, his best friend Taeil, who said he has better plans for the evening. Jae found a place next to the wall where he could see the stage and Taeyong. He was looking at the boy more than at anyone till the MC girl asked Jaemin to come on stage.

Taeyong and his friends applauded and soon a shy Jaemin appeared in the light. He grabbed the microphone and waited for the music, his hands were trembling and Jae crossed his fingers.

Jaemin swallowed, he probably missed the entry of the song and he started to sing something in a false way causing the audience to whistle and boo. Jaemin became very red, he started over, he sang two more lines and finished, he glanced left and right.

"I... I'm sorry," he whispered.

He was about to leave the stage when someone in the audience jumped up and hurried on stage, Jae's heart jumped twie when he noticed it was Taeil. He grabbed the microphone from Jaemin and looked around.

"Ym, hi, I'd like to sing for my brother," he said.

Some swearwords and boos came his way and Taeil became paler, he took his phone and gave it to Jaemin telling him something, and the boy had a wide smile when he ran to the sound technician. Taeil waited ignoring the whistles till some delicate music came and Jae's stomach twisted.

"Raindrops on my pillow

Because you won't warm up the night," Taeil sang the first line and the audience became quiet.

Like by a magic spell everyone fell into the magic of the boy's voice, so soft and beautiful Jae could cry.

"Rain drops on your

yesterday's footprints

Rain drops in the coffee

that tries to kill your sun scent

Rain drops between the notes sheets

Because from now on there will be just sunsets

You left for the happy

so I'm unhappy

You searched for the better

So I won't become better

You flew for the sunlight

so I'm the moonlight

You run for the real love

So I won't feel love

Still I remember

Baby the raindrops in your hair

Fairy ambrosia drops on your lips

Honey the sweat drops of our galaxy

My lady the love drops under your ribs

And I can feel

My Emma the raindrops in your hair

Fairy ambrosia drops on your lips

Honey the sweat drops of our galaxy

My lady the love drops under your ribs..."

Taeil glanced towards the  girl in the front row who became as red as her hair while he continued, leaving everyone so stunned they almost stopped breathing till the song finished. Then the audience jumped up, some like Haechan and Tiffany stood on their chairs applauding loud while Taeil smiled in a shy way. He placed the microphone back in the stand and walked off stage but Jaemin ran to him and hugged him tightly.

Jae was clapping till his hands ached, Taeil had finally got ove his fear and sang in front of people, and Jae was relieved and proud, he saw his best friend's shy smile when Jaemin was clinging to his side talking without a moment for a breath.

Hi, thank you so much for your amazing support. I also can't believe it but I must tell you there are only 10 chapters of this book left but I hope you will enjoy it.

So what do you think about Taeil rescuing Jaemin's performance, and the song he dedicated to Enma?

Much <3