49

The night fell and Yuta returned to Emma's flat while Taeyong was more than worried. He dressed in his pajamas and took his grandma's armchair next to the fireplace as she hasn't returned yet. The front door crackled shut so Haechan left. Soon quiet footsteps sounded closer and someone laid a hand on his shoulder.

"I've heard a little of your conversation with Yuta," whispered Jaemin. "I'm sorry," he added.

Taeyong took a deep breath.

Why was the mean kid so nice to him. Why was the sweet Sicheng suddenly changing lovers, the world seemed upside down.

"Can I hug you?" asked Jaemin and Taeyong was shocked but nodded so the boy slipped on the edge of the armchair and placed his skinny hands around him.

He was warm and Taeyong felt a bit of his pain is lifting because of someone's touch.

"What about you?" asked Taeyong.

"I have a new friend," Jaemin smiled.

"I saw, how have you got him to like you?" asked Taeyong.

"It was actually really funny, we had a class together and there was a new teacher, and he asked if I'm Moon Taeil's brother, because he loves his music, so I said yes. And it turned out Taeil composed the soundtrack to Haechan's favorite movie 'After darkness'," Jaemin smiled to himself. "So he wanted to become friends during the next break but I said no, now he tries to be nice. I still don't get it, he's so young yet he's so weirdly close with his girlfriend," Jaemin got a little red.

"Do you like her?" asked Taeyong.

"I.. come on," Jaemin blushed. "She likes Haechan, I have no chance," the boy blushed harder.

A silence fell and Jaemin cuddled closer what caused Taeyong to feel strange.

"What's up with you?" he asked.

"I miss my brother," whispered Jaemin. "And my mum," he added.

Taeyong felt something twisting in his stomach, he missed his mother all his life, but he learned to live with the thought, that he will never see her again.

"You can go back anytime," said Taeyong.

"No I want to prove I'm not a coward, besides my parents are so tiring, and Taeil doesn't like me," Jaemin lowered his head.

"Of course he likes you," Taeyong rubbed the boy's knee.

"No he doesn't, he wouldn't have kicked me out after just a day if he did. I miss him a lot, that's why I ran away and came to him, I really hoped we will spend some time together. You see..." some tears appeared in the corners of the boy's eyes. "I had this unrealistic plan to make him sing again," Jaemin swallowed.

Taeyong didn't know what to say so he pulled the boy closer and hugged him. They stayed like this till the door opened and Taeyong looked up expecting his grandma, but all his insides turned when he saw a rather pale Jaehyun.

"Oh, have I..." Jaehyun stopped noticing them.

"Come on he's a kid, he had a bad day like me so we give each other some comfort," said Taeyong and Jaehyun's shoulders relaxed.

He came closer and sat on the other side of the armchair, then he hugged both causing Taeyong to feel a little squeezed between this human sandwich.

"Boys, boys enough of this love," he laughed and they let go a little.

"I brought some supper from the restaurant, Ten helped me to prepare it," said Jaehyun. "In case you're hungry."

"Super hungry," whispered Jaemin.

Jaehyun smiled, he let go of Taeyong and the boy and went to the kitchen while Jaemin jumped up and hurried to help him. Taeyong was shocked so he stayed in the armchair. He placed the blanket over his legs to keep warm, as the fire was slowly burning out and they had to be very cautious with the wood, as it was expensive for them.

He heard laugher from the kitchen and soon the boys came back with a plate and a cup of tea for him.

Thank you for all your love.

Do you like the chapter? What do you think about Taeyong and Jaemin's interaction?

Much <3