AFLW 31: Missing

AFLW 31: Missing

***

Chase POV

My peaceful sleep was disturbed when my phone rang. With an eyes slightly close I stretch my hands to the bedside table to get my phone. I answered it immediately, didn't bother to check who's the caller. Afraid I might wake the sleeping beauty beside me. Oblivious about what time is it already a muttered a sleepy hello.

"Chase! Where the heck are you?" The guy obviously shouted on the other line.

"What's the matter, Lax?" I tried to to take a peck on my watch and discovered it was still four in the morning.

"We've been trying to contact you since you suddenly gone without telling us where you're going, but it's only now that we can get through." He said.

"Oh? Sorry. I turn off my phone. Is there something wrong?" I ask, worries slowly creeping unto me.

Laxus sigh. "Kasama mo siya, di ba? You both disappeared one week ago at the same time."

Hindi ko nagawang sumagot agad kaya nabalot kami ng katahimikan. There's no use in denying it. Napabaling ako sa babaeng payapang natutulog sa aking tabi. How I wish we stay like this until the end of time. But I know, when we come back we will be back to that messy situation again.

"Yes, we're together somewhere. She wanted to go away, far from everyone else that day. Hindi ko lang ini-expect na aabutin kami ng isang linggo dito." I explain.

"There's something you must know, Chase." Laxus hesitated for a moment. "Rumors are circulating today that both Princess Yuki and Prince Daiki are missing."

"What? Prince Daiki is missing?"

"Yeah, that's what I heard. And I haven't seen him for almost a week now."

"How it happened?"

"We don't have an idea yet. All we know is that the royalties is in panic. We just think that it's best to let you know."

"Well, thanks Laxus. Try to gather information about it please, for me."

"No problem. Anyway, when will you come back?"

"Not really sure for now. I'll call you, okay?"

After hearing his answered I cut off the line and turn off the phone. I will not be receiving any calls for the meantime today. I settled myself again in the comfort of my bed. Turn to the side, facing the still sleeping girl beside me and take her in my embrace. I planted a few kisses on her naked shoulder and put my head in the crook of her neck. I close my eyes and let myself drifted to sleep again.

Nagising ako eksaktong dalawang oras mula ng makatulog ako uli. Tulog pa rin si Shandra sa aking tabi. Napangiti ako ng makita siyang payapang natutulog. Ng unang gabi kaming narito ay ramdam ko ang pagiging balisa niya dahil sa maraming iniisip. Nakahanda akong gawin ang lahat makita ko lang siyang payapa at masaya kahit panandalian lamang.

This week with her is one of the best week of my life. I will surely treasure this moment. When we came back to Megacity, we can't be this close with each other again. All we have is stolen moment in a stolen time.

Pinakatitigan ko ang kanyang mukha at marahang hinaplos ang kanyang pisngi. Pinadaan ng daliri ang bawat bahagi ng kanyang mukha. And showers it with feathery kisses until I feel her stir. Her eyes flutter to open and she made that cute yawn every time she wake up.

"Good Morning, sleepyhead!" I greeted her with a smile of amusement and delight.

Shandra POV