AFLW 38: Dangerous Mission

***

Chase POV

It's been what? Weeks? But it seems like years had passed. I missed her terribly. I'm not even given a small chance to say goodbye before she left, for the second time around.

The scandal that we were involved slowly died as the days passed. A slowly torturous days if I may say. I am just glad that after she stripped her mask in front of everyone, no one scoffed upon seeing me. But what I don't like is the look of pity every time some students look at me. Am I that pitiful? Nay, I'm not. Just like she said, it's just a shame that she's a little different.

But being proud of her is an understatement. It's rare to know a person who sacrifice her happiness for the sake of others. She can easily tossed her responsibilities aside since no one is forcing her to do so. But she preferred to fulfill it asking their people happiness and living in peace, in return for her sacrifices.

Who wouldn't love her more? Definitely not me. Because every passing time my love for her grow. And I know that until the end of time I can't love any other, only her. Of that I'm sure. And I am fulfilling my promise to love her, in my own way.

"Hey!" Vash called. I look at him with a frown.

"Yeah?"

"Are you alright?" He asked. "Ang lalim ng iniisip mo."

"I'm fine. Just thinking of nothing in particular." I answered looking in any direction but him.

"I don't think so. You're thinking of her, I know." He sigh. "Sinasaktan mo lang ang sarili mo Chase."

"It'll not hurt thinking of her but I do admit it makes me miss her terribly. But I can't help myself, it's the thing that left to keep me moving forward." I sigh and look at him. "How are you faring so far Vash?"

"I'm perfectly fine, Bro. You should ask Ace that."

"If you say so. But yeah, it should be Ace that I need to ask more than you."

"Anyway, I've heard you are called in The Mansion this coming weekend. Any idea about it?"

"Nay, I don't. They won't tell me. Malalaman ko lang daw pagpunta ko doon sa takdang araw."

"Good luck!" Tinapik niya ang balikat ko bago tumayo at tinungo sina Ember.

***

Sakay ang motorbike ko ay tinungo ko ang The Mansion sabado ng gabi. Malapit na ako sa malaking gate ng unti-unti itong nagbukas. Ang paligid sa labas ng mataas na pader at sa daan mismo ay marami ng nagkalat na sensor. Hindi lang nakikita ng kung sino man. Iyon ang dahilan kung bakit malayo pa lang ay alam na ng mga nasa loob kung sino ang parating.

That's how easy they figure out if they are being attack or a curious fellow trying to sneak in the solar. And no one can get through the tall gate, of course. It is armed with the latest and updated technology DC Org had.

The gate slowly opened for me while I am approaching. I didn't stop waiting for it to open wide. When I think my motorbike can fit, I made my way to the vast solar of the mansion.

Nagulat ako ng maabutan ko si Ace sa front porch. Maraming tanong ang nagsalimbayan sa aking isipan ng makita siya. Isa na doon ang tanong kung pati ba ang iba naming kaibigan ay ipinatawag.

We already knew quite awhile now that our parents, as well as our friends parents, somehow had something to do with the DC Org. And we think that maybe it is fate that our path cross and we became buddies. Though we are not in good terms with Ace group, at first.