AFLW 42: Epilogue

AFLW 42: Epilogue

***

Chase POV

I'm in GSU right now with the rest of the DK and BA. Ember and Haven tagging along. We are seated in our rightful place, the High. I lazily raised my feet and put it in the corner of the table, leaned my back and close my eyes. As my companion chatted with something I'm not paying attention with. I heave a deep sigh that I'm sure got their attention. I can feel their burning stare unto me.

"Are you sure you're alright Chase?" Haven ask with an evident worry in her voice.

"I'm good, Ve." I answered quietly with eyes still close, not bothering to look at my friends.

"How about your wounds?" Ace ask. I hear the guilt behind his worried tone. He sort of blaming himself with what happened to me during our mission rescuing Courtney. Which turn out to naught. I just learned that the time I was drowning, Courtney's father came. They don't have any idea how it happened that her father was able to catch them. They weren't able to put up a fight with a hundred men. And in the end Courtney sacrifice herself just to save the three. She was able to push them to the ocean, as they were at the edge of the wall surrounding the small island.

"It's healing." I came with a very short reply.

I heard Vash sigh. I opened my eyes only to see that he's looking at me intently, so as the others. "What?" I murmured with a knotted forehead.

"Were you really going to do it?" Vash ask slyly. I frown but soon I understand what he means.

"Yeah. I already give my word."

"Is there anything you can do about it?" Ember grimly ask. She sure are not happy with what I'm going to do.

"You know that Dark Knights honor his word, Em. I can be free of it if freedom is given to me with whom I give my word."

"That sucks." She muttered.

"Maybe but I owe them that much."

"Yeah, enough for you to compromise your freedom and be stuck in that shit of  mess." Ash stated sarcastically. They are sure not happy with what I'm into.

"Hey! Enough, alright." Laxus at last said something. He's been quiet all this time. Haven't heard anything from him about this mess I made in my already complicated life. "It's the day today, right?"

What he said sent everyone to silence. Yeah, he's damn true. Today is the day. They all darted their look to me. I can tell that they're hurting but not as hell as I'm feeling. My breathing become heavy as my heart pounding faster in my chest. Shit! I'm so not ready for this, not ever.

I look up, I can't meet their intense gaze. Not if I'm seeing their hurt and worried look. "Yeah." Came my reply which almost a whisper. "Heard it from the news."

"The Royal Parade will be broadcast, who wants to watch." Ember said insensitively.

"Ember!" Haven snapped at her, almost furious.

"Relax Ve, I know." She sigh and give me a glance. "She's still our friend. Don't you want to watch her one last time?" Ember continued.

"But --- "

"It's okay if you wanted to watch. Don't mind me." I put down my feet and stand up. "I'm going somewhere." I said as I walk away without looking back.

I speed to my sanctuary. Stared at the place still riding in my motorbike. After a few minutes battling with myself, I get off and walk towards the only tree in the middle.