21: Failed

Kate's POV

It's Thursday night now and yesterday and today at school were fine.

All we received was dirty looks and sneers because everyone knew that if they touched us they'd be dead.

People also tried to be our friends to use us to get to One Direction, we just ignored them.

I'm now at my apartment, just me and Steph for once in ages and it's unfamiliarly quiet.

We are waiting for all our exam results and if we can get into college and what we passed, stuff like that to come in the post.

"Kate theyre here!" Steph shouted nervously.

"Coming" I shout.

I run down the stairs and take the thick brown envelope from Stephs hands, crossing my fingers I pulled out the first one.

Biology...Passed! I got an A minus!

I'm not gonna bother to read all the marks, okay next one.

Chemistry...Passed! Got a B plus

English Passed! A minus!

Art passed B plus

And a load of other subjects passed too...

PE is passed got a B plus also and finally...Maths...

D minus

Shit.

.

Graduation-

I'm happy to say you will be graduating this year and will receive a standard job application.

That's good but standard job application... so does that mean

College application

I'm very sorry to say that you will not be attending our college this semester due to an important subject you have not perfected, we would love you to be part of our school as your outstanding work on other subjects impressed us though the most important one certainly did not, but be sure to try out again next year once your skills on this subject have improved,

Your sincerely, Ann Walsh, Principal.

------

I thought I was going to cry all that hard work and for what? Nothing, just disappointment.

And I thought I was going to cry but I was wrong, I did cry.

I sat there sobbing and it took me a few seconds to realize that I wasn't the only one crying, so was Steph.

I went over to her and hugged her, she saw that I was crying too and hugged me back, we sat there just crying.

*Bzzt* 1 NEW MESSAGE

I opened the message, It was from Niall.

'Did u get in babe? xxxxxx'

I snuffled and wrote the reply just a simple

'No'

*sent*

I felt kinda bad for not putting kisses as Niall and my friends are really all I've got left now that my dreams are crushed.

*Bzzt*

'I'm sorry babe, we will all be over right away to cheer you up cxxxxx'

'Thanks but you don't have to spoil all your nights for us xxxxx'

*Sent*

I don't want him feeling bad for me, I feel terrible getting his mood down to, I could hear the clicks of a phone keyboard next to me, Steph must be textin Lou.

*Bzzt*

'I'm not spoiling it, I'll be with you and you make me happy, so I hate to see you sad, we are on our way now xxxxx'

He is literally the sweetest boy I've ever met, he always knows how to cheer me up.

-10 mins later-

There was a knock at the door, I sniffled and went to get it, 2 red eyed girls were at the front and at the back were 5 boys and Perrie all holding a ton of snacks, goodies and films. 

Niall ran over to me and saw I was crying, it seemed dramatic that I am crying but you have no idea how hard ive worked to get into that college.

It was my dream job since I was about 5, I can remember playing a detective with my cousin and going around picking up things and noting them down and trying to figure out an imaginary mystery.

At the start of secondary school when I met Steph I found out we both wanted to do the same thing, we said that we'd be BFF's and work really hard so we could both get into the same college.

I dont know what college Erin and Lara were going to attend but im not going to go ask them now, I think that would be a bit inappropriate seen as they've obviously not got in due to their red and puffy eyes.

Nialls lips slamming onto mine knocked me out of deep thought and I melted into the kiss I could feel all my worries flying away, I focused on Niall and how ive still got him and that he is all I need and when ever im with him I will always be happy.

Nialls POV

I pulled away from our kiss even though I wished we could stay like that forever.

I had to tell Kate something and It was the worst thing to tell her ever especially at this point when her dreams have been crushed vut it was extremely important and it had to be done.

"You know Niall, as I kissed you there I realized I dont need some stupid college application, as long as im with you im happy" Kate beamed, her smile lit up the world.

How the hell am I ever going to tell her that in just over a week away I'll be touring all over Europe for the next three months...

Hey, Its not that long and I know in summer 2013 1D werent touring over Europe but remember its fanFICTION aha, But anyway thanks for reading remember to comment/fan/vote please.

Oh and please go and check out @laraberriex 's new story called ' The One With The Curls. ' Its great! comment/fan/vote on hers too please.

thanks! bye! xx