Ch. 38 End?

15 1/2 years later

Selena's p.o.v

I breathe in slowly while staring at a picture of me and Kya. I trace over her smiling face, I began to tear up as my other hand absently ghosts over the scar that used to be Kya's mark. I put the picture down as I begin to sob GOT DAMMIT KYA! I get up when I hear knocks on my door I open it only to be bulldozed over by two bodies. I laugh as I'm showered with kisses from them. "Okay guys you can stop" they laugh as they stand up. "Sorry ma we just wanted to make you happy, since this day can be trying for us." I smile as I put my hand on Ares' cheek he looks just like Kya. "Mommy?" I look over at Nevaeh "yes baby girl?" She looked down at the ground "can I skip my classes and go with you & Ares to the last stand today?" I freeze then run a hand through my hair as I sigh. "Gods I forgot about that being today" I could feel my mood plummeting again. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by Ares "NOPE NO MOPING LADY!" He began make silly faces at me, he was so much like Kya. I remember she used to do this to me after I got home from my other job and was feeling down. I nod "you can go but no more free days unless you're sick." She did a quick yes before running off Ares stayed for a moment before hugging me. "I know it hurts Lena...but I feel like today is different." I felt my scar throb slightly at his words. "If she does come back what will she say about your little sister?" He looked confused "what do you mean?" He held me at arms length I bite my lip. "Nevaeh doesn't know that Kya is her...father so to speak on top of that. Before Kya made her sacrifice we fought. Like physically fought...she punched me in the stomach causing me to feel a lot of pain. But at the time I ignored it, after she left I passed out. I woke up shortly in the hospital...Videlia took me because she was...worried. They did blood work and said I was pregnant...and the punch to my stomach almost caused me to miscarry." Ares put his hand over his mouth in shock. "No one except Videlia, me, and now you know that your sister could've died."

He stared at the ground then left without a word. I should've told him differently. I walk into the bathroom and did my daily routine. Once out and dressed for work I couldn't help but move the ring Kya threw at me on my finger. I would get very nervous on the day she sacrificed herself. My door opened slowly, I stared in shock as Kya smiled at me...she was so young. She walked over to me then vanished "fuck!" I could feel tears coming down my cheeks "MOM ARES IS BEING WEIRD!" I wiped my face then went to go see whats wrong. I laugh quietly as I watched Ares hug his sister "LET ME LOVE YYOOUU!!" She kept trying to push him off but eventually let him hug her. "I love you too bro" she smiled at him brightly. Once we left the house I began to try and block out the fact that we were going to where Kya...died. Once in the school parking lot I pulled into staff parking. As we got out I hear cat calls coming from some of the football players I teach. Ares growls moving towards him, I grab his arm. "Remember what Kya told you" he sighs before turning back to his sister. "THAT'S IT RODRIGUEZ?! DON'T BE A LITTLE BITCH LIKE I'M SURE YOUR FATHER WAS!" The leader of the group taunted him this time I growl low, I felt my eyes change. "Mom...remember they don't know." I sigh then continue walking "thank you." It was decided long ago that Ares would take my last name so there wouldn't be so much attention towards him. He wanted to grow up like a regular kid instead of the son of the infamous cursed family turned heroes. Nevaeh had my last name too, but they have the choice to change their's back once they turn 18. If Kya...comes back before then she could change both their names to hers.

I check in in the office with the kids conversing behind me. I meet up with the other teachers ignoring Ben as he winks at me. "Girl you are the only one he has wanted since you got here." I roll my eyes "he only wants what he can't have." She chuckles Rae has been my closest friend since I got here in our department. "What about you miss lady I see you and James making eyes at each other." I nudge her as she blushes "he asked me out on a date earlier this morning." I look over the children I smile as I see Ares and his girlfriend since freshmen year. Even with Nevaeh with them neither seemed bothered, soon the buses showed up. When we get on I try to get in a seat with Rae but James beat me to it. I chuckle "seems you beat me to the draw ser Lionel." He laughs while putting his arm around Rae who blushes. "It seems so lady Rodriguez" I sit in front of them smiling until Ben sits next to me. I sigh he smiles "what's wrong lady Rodriguez?" I roll my eyes "I am not doing this with you Ben move" he frowns. "There are no more seats free" I look around then curse when I see he's right. "Well go t-" the bus starts and begins to move "looks like I'm sitting here." He puts his hand on my thigh and grins. I growl at him barring my sharp teeth, he pales then takes his hand away. As we drive to the sight I feel her bite mark begin to burn and tingle. I run my hand over it absently until Ben says something. "Is your neck hurting? I could massage it for you if you like?" I shake my head then look out the window. I could hear Rae and James laughing "shut it you two." When the bus stopped I hurried Ben up to get him away from me. I seen the worried look in Ares eyes "I'm fine he just irritates me." He laughs slightly "I feel so sorry for you mom." As I take a step forward towards the statue of Kya stabbing her sword into the ground outside the monument I froze. I could see all of it again the fire and demons raging around me. Watching Raven run through cutting down demons in her way...Kya's last words. I gasp as someone put their hand on my shoulder pulling me out of my memory. "Are you okay beautiful?" I frown then nod while moving his hand off my shoulder.