Flashback Pt. 1

There was a knock on the Jeon Family's door.
Miyoung was the one who opened it and saw her bestfriend, a 7 year old Yoon Jeonghan, smiling widely at her.

"Oh, Han! What brings you here? You look so happy. Is there any good news?" Miyoung asked curiously.

"Yes, Miyoung! My family and I are going to Los Angeles!" Jeonghan said happily. He's happy to tell his bestfriend about this because he already told Miyoung how he wanted to study abroad.

Miyoung's smile on her face suddenly disappeared. She doesn't want her bestfriend to go overseas or far away from her because Jeonghan is her one and only bestfriend. Jeonghan noticed Miyoung's face saddened.

"Why, Mimi? Is there something wrong?" Jeonghan asked worriedly.

Mimi was the nickname gave by Jeonghan when they were younger.

"Nothing, Han. How long are you going to stay there?"

"Uhm. I cannot say but I think we're going to stay there for just a year... I'm not sure." Jeonghan shrugged.

"Okay then. When is your flight?"

"Next Friday, Mimi."

"He'll leave next Friday. Today is Wednesday, so one more week left before he'll leave. I only have a week to be with him." Miyoung thought.

"Oh, one week left." Miyoung chuckled softly. "Han-ah! We should hang out before you leave. A year is a long time. We wouldn't be able to communicate personally and we couldn't hang out every day because you'll be far away from me." Miyoung pouted.

"Of course, Mimi. We will do everything fun before I leave. I promised myself to make you happy before I leave."

Miyoung just smiled at her bestfriend.

"Are you sure you'll be gone just for a year?"

"Of course, Miyoung. I also can't live without a very nice friend like you."

Miyoung blushed a little at Jeonghan's words. She just chuckled and smiled.

"So... See you tomorrow, I guess. I still have a lot of things to pack."

"Sure. Take care!" Miyoung smiled and waved her hands to Jeonghan before she closed the door.

After having a conversation with Jeonghan, Miyoung went to her bedroom and locked herself in. She wanted to be alone and cry. She really doesn't want Jeonghan to leave and study abroad.

No bestfriend for a year.

On the following days, Jeonghan and Miyoung hang out to have fun with each other, they even eat lunch together every day, and Jeonghan was visiting Miyoung's house every night. Sometimes he was staying overnight and going back to his home on the next day.

When the day has come, the day when Jeonghan will leave his country, he suddenly felt sad. He wanted Miyoung to come with him but he can't. He even thought that if he already had his own money on that age, he would treat Miyoung a plane ticket just to come with him.

Jeonghan went to Miyoung's house first before he went to the airport.

"Please do call and text me every day." Miyoung said as she hugged Jeonghan tightly. She felt Jeonghan hugged her back.

"Of course, I will." Jeonghan then heard Miyoung started to cry loudly.

"Hey, Mimi. Don't cry. I'll be gone just for a year." Jeonghan patted Miyoung's back.

"That's long, Han."

"I know. I'm sorry but I... I love you..." Miyoung looked at Jeonghan when she heard the touching words.

"H-huh? I... I love you too, Han. I cannot live without a friend like you."

"I said I love you not because you're my friend but because I think I already like you." Jeonghan thought and then sighed deeply.

"Don't worry. When I come back here, I will give you a lot of your favorite chocolates."

"Thanks." Miyoung smiled a little. "Have a safe flight! Call me when you get there, okay?"

"Of course, I will." They hugged again before Jeonghan get in the car.

Tears started to fall on Miyoung's cheek. She really wanted to stop Jeonghan but she can't.

"Just for a year, Miyoung. I only have one year to wait for him." She thought.